Battered

Battered

A Story by MIA ST. PAUL

       He's back again.  She could feel his presence the moment he walked in the front door.  Three days of peace was all she had this time.  It was late.  The clock near the bed said 2: 45 am.  It always happened in the early hours. It was why she could never sleep through the night.  Always waiting and expecting but never knowing when the trouncing will start. It's inevitable.  Three days, that was all the time she had to heal from the last time. 

 

        Tears form behind her eyes and she fights to keep them from falling for she knows that any sign of weakness will only prolong the pain.   She hears foot steps on the stairs.  He's almost at the bed room door!  She shrinks back behind the covers as if that will keep her safe. 

     

          Nothing saves her, ever. 

        

        Her trembling hand brushes a strand of dark hair from her bruised eye.  The pounding in her chest grows louder.  She hears her heart beat. it beats faster.  Breathing is hard.  There's pressure in her chest.  Too much, can't  stop the tears!  They fall and she hates her self even more.  

 

         She shakes with anticipation of what she knows is coming.  Life doesn't matter to her any more.  Maybe this time will be the last time.  Please Lord take my soul tonight!    But God never answers her plea. 

           

                  NOOOOO he's here..........

 

        He throws the door open!  It slams against the wall.  His eyes are wild again.  They're full of hatred and disgust!  Because she's ugly and used. Murderous rage fills him!  He walks slowly toward her clenching and unclenching his fists.  His hands are larger then hers. He is strong and she is weak.  Her face looks up pleadingly. She locks her hands to together in font of him and begs through her sobs.

 

      There's  No Mercy for her, ever. 

 

       Menacingly he hovers over her. Taunting, making her wait for the first blow. Knowing, that it terrifies her.  Then he does the most evil thing of all.  He reaches out and touches her cheek gently giving false hope. 

 

....And then it begins..

© 2009 MIA ST. PAUL


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh wow what a gripping look at a tragedy that happens all to often in this country... it was gritty and gut wrenching but that certainly is how it should be and still can't compare to the real thing. So many try to hide this taboo topic thinking if it is not talked about it don't exist. I thank you for bringing it forth in a powerful way.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh wow what a gripping look at a tragedy that happens all to often in this country... it was gritty and gut wrenching but that certainly is how it should be and still can't compare to the real thing. So many try to hide this taboo topic thinking if it is not talked about it don't exist. I thank you for bringing it forth in a powerful way.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yikes, disturbing in a good and bad way. Sad too, Composition and style are flawless, it stands on its own certainly.

Posted 14 Years Ago


WOW!! i can feel the fear and loathing as though it where my own. such a sad story, but for many so true! brilliantly written!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was quite something. The words were awesome, the suspense, the story period. Great write dear!

Absolutely!

Janice

Posted 15 Years Ago


That was very good!
The imagery, the punctuation, the word choice, and the mystery.
Kudos.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 21, 2009
Last Updated on March 8, 2009

Author

MIA ST. PAUL
MIA ST. PAUL

CT



About
Guess it's time to update my profile. Mia ST. Paul is my pen name I used parts of my real name and my husband's first name. The "Saint-ST" part in front of Paul is because he is one to me. I'm one.. more..

Writing
Sex Me Sex Me

A Poem by MIA ST. PAUL


The Way The Way

A Poem by MIA ST. PAUL



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..