LETTER TO A MOTHER-2

LETTER TO A MOTHER-2

A Story by Naina

In the first part of this story we had saw that Nandini and her daughter Piya were opposite to each other, they were having many differences in between them. One day Nandini was cleaning Piya's room and she founds her diary, after reading that she realises how much Piya loves and respects her. She was waiting for her daughter to come from school, but it was too late and Piya had not come home yet. Nandini was tensed and suddenly she gots a phone call.



 

There was a number flashing on the screen. Nandini picked up the call..


Nandini: Hello


Other side: Is this Piya Malhotra's house?


Nandini: Yes.. I'm Nandini, Piya's mother.. May I know who are you?


Other side: Mrs. Nandini, I'm calling from City Hospital, Piya Malhotra had met with an accident, some strangers had admitted her and from her Identity card we had got her residence number. She is seriously injured, so please come as soon as posible..!!


Nandini: Whatttt.......!!!! Piya.... accident... hospital....



Phone fell from Nandini's hand. Her legs were freezed.. How's it possible.. No this can't happen with my daughter.. No this can't happen with my Piya.. No.. No.. Ohh God, please.. Some unwanted thoughts were coming to her mind...She was about to faint but she realised that at this time she can't afford to lose herself, she have to be strong. She called Piya's father and rushed to the hospital. On her way to hospital she was constantly praying to god to help her daughter. Finally she arrived to the hospital and so does Piya's father, Subhash. They went to the reception to ask for whereabouts of their daughter. Piya was in I.C.U., she was seriously injured and her state was critical. She need to be operated as she has got some serious injury in her head.


On her way back from school, her scotty was hitted by some car, that car driver just ran away leaving Piya in a pool of blood on the road. Some strangers had admitted her to the hospital, but she had lost quiet a large amount of blood.


Doctors had said that the chances of the operation to be successful was just 30%, after this Piya might live or not.... Nandini was shocked... She didn't get what to do... But she has to take this chance for the sake of her daughter. Subhash had done all the formalities and now Piya is going to be taken to the operation theatre. Nandini requested the doctor that she want to see her daughter before she is taken for the operation. Doctor gave her the permission.


Nandini entered I.C.U. Piya was lying on the bed just before her.. She was having oxygen mask on her mouth.. Around 10 pipes were connected to her body from various machines and drip.. Nandini's tears were continuously draining from her eyes. She has never thought that some day she will have to see her daughter like this.. Piya was unconscious, Nandini took her hand in hers , she was just like lifeless, she kissed her forehead and said "I love you beta.. You are my life.. I'm really sorry that I was not able to understand you.. I know that we were having many differences between us..... It was my fault that I was not able to understand you... But that doesn't mean that you will do like this to me... I know that you are doing all this just to make me realize that I was wrong, to make me realize that how much I love you.... Please Piya get up.... You are my strong girl na.. then please get up.. Get up piya.. Please get up...", Nandini was not able to tolerate all this, she started losing all her strength. Afterall its really for any mother to see her child like this..


She came out of the I.C.U. and was about to faint but Subhash supported her and said that she have to be strong and nothing will happen to their daughter, hoping that may his words come true...


Nandini was almost half unconcious when Piya was taken to the operation theatre. She was constantly praying.


The red light of the O.T. is switched off and doctors come out.. Nandini and Subhash feared what they will say..


 Subhash asked them how is Piya.. Doctors said that they are sorry, operation was not successful and Piya was not able to survive this operation....


"Whatttt.....!!!!!!", Nandini could not believe her ears... "This is not true.... Doctor you are lying to us na... This could not be possible... I'm sure there is some mistake.. Doctor please check her there is surely some mistake.... You are mistaken, my Piya can't leave me like this..... No.. No... You have to save my daughter.. See Subhash what they are saying, They are saying that our daughter.. our daughter... No.. No.. Subhash please say something....", Nandini said... She has lost all her senses.. She was not able to understand that is all this... She could not believe what doctors had said about Piya.. Subhash was also having the same condition, but soon realized that he needs to behave strongly.. afterall thats what piya always wanted him to be.. He blocked Nandini in his forearms and try to calm her but all in vain... He can understand her condition because he was also going through the same... But he anyhow calmed her... Nandini was just saying one thing that she wants to say sorry to her daughter, she wants to re-live her life with her daughter... But all these things doesn't matters now.. because the bitter truth was that Piya was no more......

 


4 years later....


Today is Nandini's daughters birthday.... Nandini had adopted a girl child a year before.. Her name was Piya... But this time she had decided that this Nandini will not be the same.. And this Piya will not have to write a letter in her diary.... She will be the world's best mother this time....

 


                                  The End

© 2014 Naina


Author's Note

Naina
I know the end of this story is very depressing, but this story have to be end like this.. I'm sorry...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i agree with Avanthika that it reminds of hindi serials, but the thing is that's how the life situations are, they just in-act it n u put it through words. such misunderstandings between relations hurts us more when we actually lose them..have seen many people changing after the events...the ending was perfect..u gave Nandini a new Piya, an adopted child, her new love, and rebirth of her motherhood. With such stories whats difficult is that people usually know what could be the next scene, so what v can do is move bit fast by cutting sum details, so even if people r running through it, they still find it a fast paced story. here the emotions are brilliantly portrayed, and that's where your readers get attached to it. i liked the simplicity of relationships. enjoyed reading it Naina, keep writing, and thanks for sharing :)

Raj

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Naina

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for reading Raj... And next time I'll take care of what you said... I'm glad, despite .. read more



Reviews

overall a gr8 story.....
if i might add, u jst need to improve on ut grammar
enjoyd it!!!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Naina

8 Years Ago

thanks a lot Arjun for reviewing it.. n yeah am working on grammar and trying to improve it.. :)
Very nice story and since it is your first attempt i must admit it was pretty impressive. There were few typing errors and grammatical mistakes but they are inevitable and as you will write further they will start diminishing. To sum up i'll say amazing work and keep writing :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Naina

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Abilash for reviewing..... I'm glad that you liked it and yaa I'll take care of those m.. read more
i agree with Avanthika that it reminds of hindi serials, but the thing is that's how the life situations are, they just in-act it n u put it through words. such misunderstandings between relations hurts us more when we actually lose them..have seen many people changing after the events...the ending was perfect..u gave Nandini a new Piya, an adopted child, her new love, and rebirth of her motherhood. With such stories whats difficult is that people usually know what could be the next scene, so what v can do is move bit fast by cutting sum details, so even if people r running through it, they still find it a fast paced story. here the emotions are brilliantly portrayed, and that's where your readers get attached to it. i liked the simplicity of relationships. enjoyed reading it Naina, keep writing, and thanks for sharing :)

Raj

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Naina

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for reading Raj... And next time I'll take care of what you said... I'm glad, despite .. read more
a great story...loved the ending.... :))

Posted 9 Years Ago


Naina

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading anne... Really nice to hear from you.. :))
it looked just like the typical hindi serial, even the dialogue delivery is just like the same

Posted 9 Years Ago


Naina

9 Years Ago

Dear poet, T.V. serials are inspired from the real lives only and they are written by humans like us.. read more
Avanthika

9 Years Ago

:)...................
It's a very nice & heart touching story Naina keep writing.
Mother had no last chance to say sorry to her daughter was the most paining in it.
Overall nice stuff to read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Naina

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much Prabha.. Thanks a lot for reading.... :))
Prabha Salimath

9 Years Ago

all time Naina.
Naina

9 Years Ago

........:))
It should be happen in the third stanza instead of happened.. and lose instead of loose.. the whole story was great .. the ramblings of nandini were most effective. I like stories with cliff hanger and you did a great job. I loved reading it. :) keep writing sweetie

~Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Naina

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for such a wonderful review sweetheart.... N m really sorry for those silly mistakes..... read more
Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Was a pleasure :) will surely keep reviewing
Naina

9 Years Ago

yaa please....:))

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

449 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2014
Last Updated on August 18, 2014

Author

Naina
Naina

India



About
I wanted to be a writer.. a famous writer. Its a small step towards my dream. I'm sruggling hard to achieve it and I'm sure I will achieve it, if not then also I will not give up till I achieve it.. H.. more..

Writing
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE

A Story by Naina