Where was the mistake..??

Where was the mistake..??

A Story by Naina
"

I want everyone to read this story....

"
This is a story of a girl named Kanak. Kanak was a normal girl like other girls of her age, but suddenly life has taken so many twists and turns that she was not able to tolerate it and...........

Lets have a look at her life..

"Kanak was born in a conservative high-middle classed family. She was the single child of her parents and was the only girl in the entire family and so was the apple of the eyes of everyone.
 Kanak was  little reserved by nature. She was a bright student, and was just perfect in everything. Perfect student, Perfect friend, Perfect person.... When she was in 7th standard she had got gold medal in badminton. In 8th standard she was the state swimming champion. But still Kanak was not happy because she was not connected to her parents. Her family was very conservative and she was leading her life in certain rules and regulations. As the time passes the distance between Kanak and her parents widens. If Kanak used to say anything to them, they always take it in a wrong way. Except this everything was perfect in her life untill she turned 15.
At the age of 14, Kanak was brutually sexually harassed by one of her close relative. At such a tender age she was not mature enough to understand all this and handle but all she could understand was that something wrong had taken place with her and she could not share it with her parents because they will not understand and blame her only and taunt her, as always. She kept quiet and decided to just move on. But these things never escape your mind ans same happened with Kanak. This affected her a lot and her studies. As a result, she got failed in 12th standard. In her worst nightmare also she had never imagined that her lfe would take such a brutal turn. Her parents were really very concerned about her study and her result gave invitation to a new mental torture for her. Her parents just used to taunt her for everything.... Time passes she cleared her 12th. Now the new question which arised was What will Knak do now? In which field will she pursue her career?.. No one asked Kanak what she wants to do. And it would not be wrong to say that Kanak was not in the state to decide anything because real Kanak was lost somewhere around 3-4 years back.. But who cares.. 
Anyway, her parents decided that she will do B.Com and then she will do MBA from a good college and then her life would be set (according to her parents). Kanak said nothing or it would be better to say she was not allowed to say anything. Afterall, one who gets failed in 12th is not capable to live in this society according to her parents.
Kanak took admission in a college in the same city. 1 year passed, her result was good so her parents were happy. But Kanak..... Kanak was broken.. By each passing day she was breaking mentally and emotionally.. She did not want to do this.. No.. She was not meant for this.. She wants to be an architect and today she was doing B.Com.. Her life couldn't be like this.. She was not able to tolerate all this. There was no one to whom she can say what she wants to do. There was not a single shoulder on which she can shed her tears and cried her heart out. Everything was finished in her life. There was not even a tinch of happiness in her life. She even does not remember that exactly when she had smiled last time.. And one day, her pain crossed all the limits, her pain had broken all the ties and Kanak took a final decision for herself. She committed  suicide in the hope that she will take a re-birth at a place where she will be relieved with all ensions and will live in peace......"
This is the end of this story. But guys, it lefts all of us with a question and I want you to answer it.
"Where was Kanak's mistake??" "Where had she made a mistake that her life ended like this??"
Don't you think her life would be different if for once her parents had paid attention towards her.. If they would have noticed that something is wrong with their daughter.. In our country this situation is very normal. Everytime a girl is blamed if anything goes wrong with her. Do you think it was Kanak's fault when she was sexually harassed at the age of 14. And please don't give me that "clothes" one reson.. C'mon yaa how can a 14 year old kid can seduce you by her clothes. The problem lies in your mentality.. You saw that Kanak had to pay the price of someone else mistake by her life. This could happen with any girl around you. I'm sorry to say but yaa it could be your friend, girlfriend, or sister or may be your daughter. Some day you will also become a parent and I seriously don't think that you want your daughter to be Kanak. So please try to understand the childrens as a person instead of considering them as a "marks-printing-machine" and especially a girl, because in our country their condition is pathetic. Inspite of talking about modernisation and all the stuff our mentalities lie there only, at the bottom level. 
Every girl around you is special, she needs your concern and support not because she is a girl but because every individual in this universe needs a support, doesn't matter whether he/she  is a male or female. So please support her in her fight..

© 2014 Naina


Author's Note

Naina
I want your reviews obviously, but I also want your opinions on this issue..

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I totally agree with you Naina, yes Kanak represents many girls in here. I did see many parents had brutally acted when they heard any boy is behind their daughter. Neither the mistake is hers nor parents. Parents never think bad for their kids but sometimes they are overprotective. Kanak has a parents who lead their life with set rules and emotion is obviously obscure to them. Their daughter's marks is the matter of pride for them so it was their only concern. It looks Kanak's parents are traditional one I'm glad I have parents who is with me in everybit of my life. Kanak did no mistake but atleast she could share her harrassment once no matter what her parents say to her. Nicely written keep Naina I liked it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Naina

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing Prabha... I agree that parents never think bad for their kids, but I just want .. read more
Prabha Salimath

9 Years Ago

Surely I do Naina. I feel you are accustomed to like this story a lot. Not related to you I mean may.. read more
Naina

9 Years Ago

yupp.... I had seen this a lot thats why I was able to observe this...... :)



Reviews

First of all this is a well discussed topic.i will come to the story. Your problem lies with tenses you start with past tense end it in.present tense..it rather gets confusing. Work on it.next i think you wouldnt have narrated it in your view but it would have been written in first person narrative.that would have been much better. The story is of many.indian girls
But at last those who survive are the strongest not.those who quit..overall a nice idea but it would
Have been executed well. Thank you dearie

~ Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Naina

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Sophie for reviewing..... N yaa I'lll work on those mistakes which you have mentioned a.. read more
Good story. But I think it is not purely a story, rather, description of a real life incident. I would like to give thanks to the writer as she presented the event giving the sense of adequate reality instead of fabricating the event. The writer also deserves praise as she presented this type of social issue with best of her ability. In my opinion, if possible, any organization should be made under the leadership of knowledgeful persons to train the parents how to raise a child. There, parents like kanak's should also be invited to tell their experience what they have gathered because of their foolishness. This type of interactive sessions may bring awareness to the parents. After all they are not enemy of their children. Actually, they want to make their children happy and for that they resort the way what they think better. Only their way and thinking have to be changed.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Naina

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Santanu for such a wonderful review.... I'm glad that you liked it.... And you are righ.. read more
I totally agree with you Naina, yes Kanak represents many girls in here. I did see many parents had brutally acted when they heard any boy is behind their daughter. Neither the mistake is hers nor parents. Parents never think bad for their kids but sometimes they are overprotective. Kanak has a parents who lead their life with set rules and emotion is obviously obscure to them. Their daughter's marks is the matter of pride for them so it was their only concern. It looks Kanak's parents are traditional one I'm glad I have parents who is with me in everybit of my life. Kanak did no mistake but atleast she could share her harrassment once no matter what her parents say to her. Nicely written keep Naina I liked it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Naina

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing Prabha... I agree that parents never think bad for their kids, but I just want .. read more
Prabha Salimath

9 Years Ago

Surely I do Naina. I feel you are accustomed to like this story a lot. Not related to you I mean may.. read more
Naina

9 Years Ago

yupp.... I had seen this a lot thats why I was able to observe this...... :)
Hi Naina,
This one is one of the most powerful work I have read in WC from an Indian Female writer. The problem aptly mentioned here was the lack of communication between the parents and Kanak. Society has turned brutally materialistic and sentiments have left no value. Kanak was innocent and her parents failed not her. They could not protect her from sexual harassment and worst of all they did not have trust of their child. Our Indian society is at the bottom of understanding and so called family values are just a veil to hide incest and scandals. Her life was tragic. But I do not blame her for anything. She could not survive the harsh realities of life. Wish she could understand life is all about soul and its liberation is its purpose then probably she could have survived. Same goes to everyone of us. As long as we continue to see ourselves from others point of view we do not live our lives and the only option sometimes is left to abruptly end this life. If this is based on true story RIP to her. If she is still alive then she must know one bad incident does not affect your beautiful soul. Soul is much more powerful than the scoundrels which it interacts to whether it was her harasser or her parents.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Avinash

9 Years Ago

My pleasure. We must not forget as what in ancient books have told 'This world is an illusion and we.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Naina

9 Years Ago

yaa you are right we should give life a chance but everyone is not that strong and mature na..!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 2, 2014
Last Updated on November 2, 2014
Tags: .......

Author

Naina
Naina

India



About
I wanted to be a writer.. a famous writer. Its a small step towards my dream. I'm sruggling hard to achieve it and I'm sure I will achieve it, if not then also I will not give up till I achieve it.. H.. more..

Writing
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE

A Story by Naina