Drunk Man Walking

Drunk Man Walking

A Story by NamelessBeast.
"

Drunk Man Walking

"

"Now can I see your pain, I'm sorry. Goodbye."

My voice broke. 

"But - You can't do this. No, Baby. Please. I f*****g swear I care!"

The tears where running freely. 

"Goodbye."  She said again. 

"No baby, please. You can't - I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry! Baby please! We can work something out."

"Goodbye, Dean." 

CLICK

"Please?"

I threw the phone down. It was no use. She'd done it. When I needed her most. She'd done it, broken up with me. 

"I swear, I'm trying baby. Please?" 

 

I cried myself to sleep. 

 

When I woke up the next morning, I remembered the pain of last night. In my bedroom, I sat in the dark. I could hear my neighbours leaving for work. I could hear their kids watching TV. 

I stood up, opened my bedroom door. The light was so bright, I blinked a few times before I could see anything. God, was it always this bright? I stumbled into the kitchen. Half eaten meals on the side, half drunk drinks on the table. No wonder she broke up with me, I'm a slob. F**k this. 

I wrenched open the fridge. Inside were four beers. Not enough, but a start. I slammed open every cupboard door. In the cupboard under the sink I found a bottle of whiskey, a bottle of vodka and a jumbo pack of f**s. Perfect. 

I grabbed both bottles, the f**s, the beers and a glass. I stumble back into my bedroom. I turned on my TV, the morning news. I crawled into bed and cracked open a beer. 

Sipping it, I thought about her. She was beautiful, kind and funny. But she knew it, she knew I wasn't good enough. She cheated on me, how many times I don't know. But whenever I confronted her about it she always made ME feel like s**t. I didn't do anything. She was the one who cheated, stole and lied. I lent her over a thousand bucks, and she stole a lot more. She was a - Forget it. I sipped at my beer. The news was just noise. 

 

I woke up again. I checked the clock, 1:59, am or pm? It didn't matter. I poured myself another whiskey and went back to sleep. I can't think of a reason to get the f**k out of bed. 

 

I opened my eyes. I couldn't see. The lights where off, the curtains closed. Am I alive or dead? I grabbed a f*g, lit it and sat in the dark. 

 

My head was pounding. The time was 6:20. I turned the TV back on. 

".....And more news on the fatal car crash on Tuesday night...."

Ugh, I pulled the bed cover over my head. I didn't care.

 

BANG BANG BANG

"HEY! DEAN!" 

I surfaced. 

"YO DEAN"

F*****g hell, Matt. 

"OPEN UP!"

"...no...." I mumbled as I pulled the duvet over my head again. 

"DEAN!"

"No,"

"OPEN THE DOOR!"

For f***s sake....

"NO!"

"DEEEAAANNNN!"

I picked up my jeans, pulled them on and stumbled to the door. I wrenched it open. 

"WHAT! WHAT THE F**K DO YOU WANT MATT?!"

Matt was standing, shocked, in the doorway. 

"Um..."

"F**k off Matt."

I shut the door. As I ran back to my bedroom I wondered what I looked like. I walked into the bathroom and turned the light on, for the first time in a week. 

"S**t..."

The guy in the mirror looked terrible. Huge bags under his eyes, stubble on his chin and a split lip.This wasn't me, It couldn't be. 

I'd changed so much.

© 2011 NamelessBeast.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow this is amazing, it kept me wanting to read more .

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Added on December 21, 2011
Last Updated on December 21, 2011

Author

NamelessBeast.
NamelessBeast.

London, London, United Kingdom



About
Ask and you shall know. more..

Writing