The Invisible Voice

The Invisible Voice

A Story by Ahmed Namisa Alam
"

Have you ever imagined your imaginary friend becoming your real friend?

"

 

 

“The Invisible Voice”


The curtains rustled as the wind blew through the window in the late hours of night. The clock struck twelve and rang signaling- it was midnight...

 

I was getting ready for bed. I sat on the bed side and was about to lie down. That's when I had a strange feeling. Someone was looking at me I thought. My head turned towards the window and door but no one was there. "Get sleep", I thought to myself, "you're starting to imagine stuff."

 

"So you do feel me!" a deep voice called out.

"Yep! I should sleep." I said thinking I was still imagining.

 "This IS real," the voice said again. "You are the only person who can hear me, feel me... No one else can do the same. It is said that if someone loves me truly, I can be seen... I can remember my past. So, will you be my friend?"

 

 I was startled. I thought of running to my brother's room and telling him of all that was happening.

 "He won't believe you" the voice warned me. "I know it's hard to believe but, let's just give it a try okay?"

 I finally gathered the courage to speak up, "Who are you?" I asked.

"I don't know." The invisible voice said. "That's why I need a friend... to know if my past..."

 

 I was confused. I still thought I was imagining. In the end I ended up agreeing. "But wouldn't it be weird if people saw me talking to no one? They can't see you after all."

 

 He laughed and said, "Well, that's the fun part. When you talk to me, people won't see you talking. They will think you are staring at nothing. For example: if you are talking to me while eating, the people around will see you eat but won't see your lips move. However, they will see any movement you make. So, be careful."

 

I smiled and looked at the wall where the voice was coming from and asked, "What should I call you?"

He sighed and said, "Anything you want to. I don't remember my name."

 A feeling of sadness gripped me. I closed my eyes and thought of a name. "Gaara. I'll call you, Gaara."

 

 "That's beautiful. I won't hold you back any longer. Goodnight. See you in the morning. I mean... talk to you in the morning."

 The voice faded away as he said this and I was in the room all alone again.

 

 "Wake up sleepy head!" Gaara's voice called out the next morning. "You don't want to be late for class now."

"Thanks you for waking me up," I replied, hiding my true emotions. I really did not want to go to school. It was not because I did not like studying but because I was alone at school. I did not have many friends at school and used to stay alone drawing on my sketchbook mostly.

 It was nice having Gaara around. Someone to talk to.  Someone to share my feelings with. Someone who would listen. I would often get into trouble when I tried to touch Gaara. People would give me a weird look thinking I'm crazy. But I did not care. I was happy. That is all that mattered to me.

 

 One night, I was talking to Gaara. We were having a nice time but Gaara's voice started to fade away suddenly and was soon gone. I felt my heart drop. I screamed out Gaara's name. I never felt this feeling. A feeling of loss... fear... "Hey! I'm here. Don't worry... I'm just trying to sleep..." His deep voice called out allowing my beating heart to relax. "I haven't slept in ages." he continues as his voice faded away for one other time.

 

 I started to notice Gaara change. He grew quieter and quieter. He did not talk as much as before. I thought to myself that it was nothing but my imagination starting to disappear. After all, even if I wanted it, an invisible voice cannot be real now can it?

 

 Gaara always enjoyed it when I read out a book. So, I went to the store with Gaara to buy a new one. On our way back he was quiet until suddenly I felt a wind go past me. "You still don't believe I exist to you?" Gaara said after a long while.

 

I stopped walking. I did not know the answer myself. "Gaara... I..." I started. Before I could finish a light flashed on my face. A motorcyclist was speeding straight at me and I had no time to dodge.

 "Watch it!" Gaara yelled as I felt an invisible force push me away. The motorcyclist swerved away but as the light flashed away and the sun set in the distance, I saw a red haired boy with dreamy eyes looking at me.

 

He smiled, "You finally believe..."

 

…THE END…

© 2017 Ahmed Namisa Alam


Author's Note

Ahmed Namisa Alam
In the past, Gaara was a lonely child. His father abandoned him as he was the reason his beloved wife died. He was hated, ignored and bullied by everyone which caused him to become someone dangerous. In the end when he could bare the pain anymore. He was ignored so much that He became invisible and forgot everything. In order to remember his past, he needed a friend who would truly love him and believe him.

(just a fanfiction of the anime Naruto)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on December 21, 2017
Last Updated on December 21, 2017
Tags: naruto, sadness, darkness, loneliness, fanfiction

Author

Ahmed Namisa Alam
Ahmed Namisa Alam

Dhaka, Bangladesh



About
Just an average teenager who wants to inspire people with my words! more..

Writing