A love letter.

A love letter.

A Story by Nancy

Dear Love,

Closing my eyes it all comes back. Our first unoriginal date, and the night we had. How you treated me like the perfect gentleman would. That made it the one of the best dates of my life. Laughing at how I still had to sneak back into my house because my parents were babysitting. Thinking about the first time I ever asked you to tell me that you loved me, and how special it made me feel. Remembering when I looked up to see you smiling and staring at me above the couch. Thinking of my imperfections I was quick to ask what you were doing. You smiled as laughter glowed in your adoring blue eyes and said “I love you so much”

I should have known how much I loved you then. How much I would regret the next 3 years of my life. It stinks sometimes looking back seeing what you almost had, and either lost or gave away. It should be me sitting there watching movies with you, It should be me cooking dinner waiting for you to call and say you are on the way home. It should be me holding your hand, making your day better when you feel like nothing will ever go right again.

I should be sharing your home, your life.. I was supposed to be the one love you just couldn’t live without.

We moved so fast, I felt out of control. The “If only” play over in my head sometimes while I lay in bed fighting sleep. Begging to dream about a better day, a day with you. I suppose everything happens for a reason. I don’t know the reason, and Im not sure I ever will.. In my heart I feel… It should’ve been me.

Love Always,

Your Past.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2011 Nancy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have many old love letters. Some that were never sent because it was too late or the moment was gone forever. A very nice letter. When we look back at what we had and lost. Make us wonder what could of been? A excellent letter. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

oh, this really hits home

Posted 13 Years Ago


You don't know what you've got till it's gone, if I had a nickel for everytime I heard that I'd be richer then Bill Gates. Sadly it happens way to often, all we
can do is to move on and find something or someone to fill the void and yet the memories seem to always remain...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have many old love letters. Some that were never sent because it was too late or the moment was gone forever. A very nice letter. When we look back at what we had and lost. Make us wonder what could of been? A excellent letter. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I wasn't sure what category to file this under.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This started off so beautiful and turned into such a melancholy piece. You paint the picture of loss and regret perfectly. It tugs at my heart, Nancy. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

330 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 30, 2011
Last Updated on January 31, 2011

Author

Nancy
Nancy

Richmond, KY



Writing
Unknown Unknown

A Poem by Nancy


Painted Faces Painted Faces

A Poem by Nancy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Slow Burn Slow Burn

A Poem by PoemRodent