I Want Out.

I Want Out.

A Poem by +Naomi+
"

...

"
She breaks just like a little girl and they refuse to see her falling down.
They push and pull at her, pulling her down the path she hates to take.
Those same people are the ones to push her over the cliff, crying so much as she does so.
Why are they crying? Didn't they tell her to do it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I try to love myself fully. I try, that's all though.
I never "do" anything to love myself.
"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."
Phil Donahue said this, not knowing how many people would actually kill themselves.
I would kill myself, but I have too many people I care about.
I can't leave them here alone. I refuse to desert them now.

© 2011 +Naomi+


Author's Note

+Naomi+
>.<

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Short, but so inspiring!
I love it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow.. such a simple.. yet complex and emotional poem! thank you for the read request and for posting so many great pieces of writing! keep on writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the Phil Donahue quote. Suicide may be a way out. Death is a dead-end. You will never know what you will miss and could of done? I like the directness and made your point in this point. Thank you for a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Never let suicide be your solution. There are always better ways to figure out problems.
I'm very happy to know that you have so many people you care about. They're imporant and will be there for you. As will many of the people on this site. We all care!
This piece made me feel really sad. I do hope that you see how significant you are. I hate hearing about people wanting to end their lives and especially so soon for some of them. It's just so tragic and heartbreaking.
Nice job on this poem. Keep on writing! And don't ever give up :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


your life touches more than you know.... suicide is a hard topic. i've never considered for myself.... i was always to chicken, but i wouldn't have minded being killed in a car crash, perhaps my death could mean something to others, but back to my first statement

you life touches more than you know, i, who am an imesurable amount of mile away, would be shocked an immensly sad in the event of your death! i who haven't even met you face to face can see your beauty and light in this world! your words bring beauty out of pain, and someday i hope you will see the beauty in youself! in your own life!

that was a beautiful tragic piece, and if i took it too litterally i appologize, but death is sensless!



Posted 12 Years Ago


very dark but sensitive

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
&#9775;
A powerful and strongly spoken poem. The feelings and emotions scream.

Posted 12 Years Ago


so powerful and soul revealing! brava! beautiful yet frightening work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I completely understand where your comming from. Suside sometimes seems like such an easy way out, but that's the thing it's easy. Life is the hard thing. Live it, breath it, love how crazy it drives you. Well done very deep poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


very relatable for sure, great write!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

744 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2011
Last Updated on June 9, 2011

Author

+Naomi+
+Naomi+

Chicago, IL



About
Hey. I'm Naomi Williams. I'm 13 years old and have been writing since...well ever since I can remember. I tend to write some really weird poetry that usually comes out of what I'm feeling at that mome.. more..

Writing
Scars. Scars.

A Poem by +Naomi+


Amanda. Amanda.

A Poem by +Naomi+



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Over You. Over You.

A Poem by +Naomi+


Flight Flight

A Poem by +Naomi+


Silence. Silence.

A Poem by +Naomi+


Hatred- Hatred-

A Poem by +Naomi+