A GIRL ON THE BEACH

A GIRL ON THE BEACH

A Story by Naveen Singh
"

It is a story of boy who loves to live alone. Then one day he met a girl.They had a little conversation about love between them.

"

I was alone at the beach. I was doing nothing but constantly watching the sun, which is just going to sleep to awake somewhere else. Birds started to go to their nest. The sun and birds along with sea were giving me a great pleasure. There was no one in the beach and that was the time when you can find yourself. You can hear your own inner voice. I have some difficulties. Every day when I wake up,I start to do fight with me. But here I become friend of me. Here I can feel my existence. I can feel my soul. And there are no difficulties around me. There are no problems.There is no more pain.

I were lost in my thoughts when I saw her. I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't realize when she came. She was looking a little bit upset but that expression on her making her more beautiful. She sat down near the sea and started to write something on sand.

Because of my shy nature I can hardly manage guts to talk to girls. But I thought I should talk to her . After all now, we both have same thing in common,"LONELINESS".

I went near to her. She didn't see me. She was lost in her thoughts. I saw toward the sand. There was a quote, and that was the best quote I have ever read.

"Hi", she said.
I didn't know when she noticed me.
"Hi",I said.
"What are you doing here?", she asked.
"I was just standing there.I saw you and......". I couldn't complete my sentence and she said with a smile,"NO,NO. I mean what are you doing here?On the beach."
That conversation is making me a little nervous.
"I come here everyday", I said. "Almost", I added.
I was feeling a kind of rudeness in my voice.
"And u come here alone", she asked.
"Yes. I love to spend more time alone.", I answered."What happened to you?" I asked.
"what happened to me?", she asked surprisingly.
"Yes. You are looking sad." I said.
"Nothing. I just broke up with my boyfriend.", she said.
"Oh...", I didn't know how to react on it so I said.
"Just joking", she said. "I think this is the craziest topic in the world. First two persons feel attraction toward each other and then they say it's not working out and report love as a spam."
Right now I was just enjoying her words.
"Do you ever fell in love", she asked with a smile.
"Actually I never found a girl to......",it was the second time when I was interrupted by her."Arey Yaar, who says you can only love a person with opposite gender? I asked you a question. Why do you come here 'almost' everyday?",she asked.
"Because it gives me relief", I answered."I can find myself when i lost in nature."
"And what do you think what love is? You are in love with nature. And you know what, your love is pure because you will never going to breakup with nature.",she said.
I was losing my heart.It was becoming the best chat of life. I had never got a company of such person.
"So what is your love", I asked.
"Acting. I am crazy about it.", she replied.
I could see her excitement for acting in her voice.
"This quote is great", I said by pointing the finger to that quote written on sand.
"Rumi", she replied.
And for next few minutes, we were just staring at the sun which was almost set.
But that sun made me burn with the fire of love.

© 2017 Naveen Singh


Author's Note

Naveen Singh
This is my first ever short story. So please give me your valuable review. Thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on February 18, 2017
Last Updated on February 18, 2017

Author

Naveen Singh
Naveen Singh

Kanpur, India



About
pursuing engineering but hate it. I try to write. I try to act. more..