Merciless.

Merciless.

A Story by Zephyr
"

Gone

"

The clock was ticking away the time. Mercilessly.


And he was in a pretty big dilemma. His palms were sweaty and his body tensed.


There was no visible reason for him to feel this way.


 Money & comfort were at his doorstep.


But he definitely knew the solution. One that would leave him at peace, at least, for the time being.


He opened his teak furnished drawer and took out a pouch.


He unzipped it and took his ‘solution’ out.


Eyes closed, and in one quick breath, he injected the drug into his whole being.


R. I. P

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2017 Zephyr


Author's Note

Zephyr
Drug addiction kills the vibrant young minds and bodies.
Stay away from it.
Self- control is the key.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Self-control is really the key to stay away from getting addicted to anything for that matter. I liked the way you used the words to describe 'he' but was quite surprised to find him ending his life with the solution.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Short, poignant and powerful. Anyone who has dealt with someone with an addiction could certainly put themselves in your poem. Good write, Neetha

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you Ted!
All this time I was waiting to read the solution,
in the end the big surprise ... I like the fact how u turn words into such a powerful message with an ironic tone .
I wish young minds would dream without drugs , maybe death wouldn't be a solution if we would stop using them.

very well written

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

I am glad to read this Donna:)
And yes, death is not a viable solution!
Hell yes... This took a turn I was not expecting, and that turn left me wanting... But hey, self control is key, eh? A succinct ride of turmoil... Nicely penned...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you Silente:)
Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

My pleasure, Neetha...!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
The despair of the addict......

The scourge of drugs and the empty souls who find themselves addicted are so widely spread in today's confined world. No country or society is spared from it's evil clutches. While the fate of your protagonist is sad, i have the personal belief that taking drugs is a personal choice; we all know the dangers, and yes, life can be tough to navigate at times, but it takes more courage to forge onwards with a kind and pure heart than to lapse into the weak willed ways of drug use.

Your story shines a light on the plight of those without the strength or help to overcome their problems, and your conclusion suggests to the reader in no uncertain terms what becomes of those lost to the grip of addiction.

A strong piece of work. Giving a strong message for all in the brevity of it's length. Well Done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you Doodley for the detailed review;)
Thats one tale ought to be spread . Please review mine too 😅

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thanks Rahib!
And I will sure review yours:)
A true story told in this poem. Old drugs of my father's generation came back and killing at a record pace. It is very sad. Young people testing the devil's drugs and dying. Thank you Neetha for sharing your powerful poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Life is to be lived and not to be destroyed.
Thanks for the review:)
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I agree and you are welcome.
I will say the parents are the reason for all these. They have to find some time to spent with their kids and let the children know that their parents will be there for them always.

Your best friend should be your parents and then you wont find any other ways to give thrill to your life.


Nice poem and great message to all .

thanks for sharing

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much Abraham!
Parents should be friends and not strangers..
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

Well said, I wholeheartedly agree with you Abraham George.
Abraham George

6 Years Ago

i am glad you agree with my opinion.
I am always thrilled to see a poet take a stand to enlighten their fellow man on the many pitfalls of life. Drug addiction doesn't get the attention it did in the 90's but is just as bad today as it was back then. Bravo! Thank you for keeping the word out on the dangers of drug addiction Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

I am humbled to read this, Bear:)
You have a powerful message hidden in your writing, drug abuse is very sad but people should not fall into this path.

Thank you for sharing this.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Welcome Joey!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

470 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 3, 2017
Last Updated on October 3, 2017
Tags: Control, Addiction.

Author

Zephyr
Zephyr

India



About
21. Seeking the calm in the chaos. more..

Writing
Blooming Life Blooming Life

A Story by Zephyr


Monsters Monsters

A Poem by Zephyr


The Visit The Visit

A Story by Zephyr



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


"Pauper" "Pauper"

A Poem by Valentine


IF IF

A Poem by ReedWrite