Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Nelson Moore
"

chapter 1 of the stein book that i have been writing for about a year and a half

"
 

Chapter 1
They call him Frankenstein

 

 

 There I was, strapped to a metal table, laughing manically, and waiting for death but when your immortal death is only a goal that seems to ever evade you no matter how close you get. How long had I been alive, I had lost track after year 250, I can't remember why, yet no matter how old I got I still remained in an unaged teenage looking body, slowly creeping toward madness the strange people standing dressed in white robes stood around holding axes with swords strapped to their sides, chanting in some kind of strange language. The large screw through my head clicking as it tries to find the personality that knows what is going on, click...click...click...nothing. I am at a complete loss; I have no idea what is going on. One of the sadists walked up and pulled his hood down to reveal my old school teacher before I left and became a scientist, Mr. Jedediah. I looked him in the eyes and continued to laugh hysterically as he paced his hand on my chest, I breathed in sharply and he pulled his hand back in fright.


"So, I was right you are a coward, I am going to enjoy dissecting every last one of you; I hope you scream nice and loud." I said between laughs, Jedediah slapped me across the face and I put my hand up to his throat, breaking the leather strap that was holding me down in the process. I could end his pathetic existence with a single and subtle flick of my wrist, but the cracking of bones annoyed me greatly so I let go of his neck. My strength was one of the powers that I had gained in my time of being immortal, immortality had its perks but I had not been able to control them very much. I stood up from the table while breaking all of the straps that were holding me down, I walked over to my desk where my clothes were stacked in a pile, dawning my regular outfit a grey  short sleeve shirt and black pants, all of them covered in stitches like they had been sewn together by scrapes of old fabric. I then put on my lab coat, again all covered with stitches but in a white milky color. One of the sadists walked up and put his sword to my throat but I noticed something, his hand was shaking and the blade itself was shaking so the blade was not structurally sound nor was the mental stability of the person using it. I placed my hand one the blade and sharply twisted it, the blade shattered and a large chunk was now in my hand, I drove the still sharp tip of the now broken blade into the sadist’s forehead causing his blood to run down and create a small waterfall. I let go of the blade and wiped his own blood on his white robe before pushing his dead body to the ground, there was a small drop still on my finger so I brought it up to my mouth and licked.

"You are low on iron, I recommend eating more bread." I said as I reached over and grabbed my scythe, I picked up the sharpening stone that was next to it and dragged the stone across the blade creating a very high pitched screeching sound. Most of the sadists were affected by the squeal but one; a tall one appeared by what I could see to be about 45 years old. I took the stone off of my scythe and threw it at the tall man, he put his hand up and caught it, he proceeded to crush the stone in his hand, given that the stone was relatively porous and weak I thought nothing of it. I dashed forward and slashed him. My scythe made a clanking sound on his skin although it had cut through his robe; I deduced that he is one of the other immortals. The story is there are seven immortals and rumored to be an eighth, all with a soul, and to be killed their soul must be eaten by another immortal, if a human is to eat the soul they would take the place of the immortal that they killed. I would love to tell you more but back to what was happening, after realizing that the blade did nothing I jumped and about 4 of the sadists ran towards me shouting and holding up their axes, I killed one with a quick strike to the top of the forehead causing rupture of the frontal lobe of the brain and pieces of his shattered skull to puncture his brain, his death was instantaneous. The other three put up more of a fight on slashing my leg and the other yanking my scythe from my hand, the last one only stood there starring at the caved in skull of one of his comrades. I pulled my scythe back from the one whom took it from me and slashed his arm, making him drop his axe, I then slashed his chest and hooked the blade around his body and slowly pulled the blade through cutting every vital organ in the process. The other one only drove his axe into my back and left it there when he saw that I didn't go down, I reached around and pulled the axe out of my back and threw into his chest, and it had killed him. I didn't pay much mind to the one that was dying in a pool of his own blood, screaming like a maniac, the other one that was starring mindlessly at the dead, blood soaked body of first one I had not touched because he had not harmed me. I turned my attention back to the immortal and Mr. Jedediah.


"So which one should I kill first?" I thought out loud.

"You will kill none of us; I came here to speak with you Frankenstein. The table was the only way to restrain you, I must speak with you." Jedediah said as he pulled the chair from my desk and offered it to me. I sat down in the chair and relaxed while the immortal put down his hood to show Venikane, the steel skinned immortal. I set my scythe on the ground and leaned back into the chair.

"So what was the strange language for then?" I asked as I sat there starring directly in the eyes of Venikane, I could a see lust in his eyes, a blood lust. Jedediah sat down in one of the extra chairs and placed it in front of me so he and I could look at each other eye to eye.

"it was temporarily weaken you, so I could confront you without fear of death." he said as he shed the white robe to reveal his regular day to day cloths, even after all of these years he still wore the same thing, I may have only been 243 years old when I first met him but it was still nice to stand in the back of his classroom and pretend to be one of the kids parents just to reminisce what it was  like to sit in the front of his classroom and answer every question that he asked the class.

"Well, it worked. The axe wound has not healed yet and it is just starting to. What do you want to talk to me about?" I asked him as I stood up and grabbed a new lab coat, one that was not spattered with blood and had a gigantic hole in its back. I sat back down in the chair.

"So far, 2 other immortals have disappeared. Nominus and Zakar have both been taken, and I and Venikane have no idea where to start looking for them, have you any ideas?" Jedediah asked.

"There is no need to look for Zakar, he is already dead, and a human has eaten his soul. We will have to wait and see which one his killer goes after, since there is no specific killing order we will have to find and protect Nominus.” I said as I adjusted my glasses so the glare didn’t blind Venikane or Jedeiah. Venikane walked away.

“How do you know that Zakar is already dead?” Venikane asked me as he walked back with a chair in his hands; he placed the chair down and sat in it.

“You should know this Venikane; you and Nominus are the one who figured it out. Each immortal can sense when another is killed, I know you hate him but we will all have to travel to the city of Karta to ask him for help.” I said as I adjusted my glasses

 “No, I will never ask Daraous for help, Not after what he did to Sheevares!” he shouted at me. He and Sheevares had a thing and Daraous was jealous, Sheevares was another immortal Venikane loved her and she loved Venikane back. Daraous wanted her for himself, but after Venikane and Sheevares were married, Daraous killed and ate the soul of Sheevares. When Sheevares and Venikane were together I actually saw Venikane smile for once. Venikane sat back down and relaxed as Jedediah put his hand on his shoulder.  Venikane’s scabbard made a clank on the chair as he sat down; Venikane’s sword was a two-handed claymore that had a hilt that was engraved with jewels. Venikane opened his jacket and pulled out a very large cigar along with a couple matches, and then he dragged the matches across the bottom of his boot and lit up the cigar. Jedeiah was only sitting in his chair with a small rag in his hand wiping the sweat from his brow; with the sweat completely gone he put the cloth back into his pocket.

“So, we have to go to the city and you have no choice because the journey is very dangerous. I am only a human, I may be part of the knights but that experience only goes so far, and stein is an immortal but he is a scientist.” Jedeiah said as Venikane stood up and walked around my lab, smashing beakers.

“Stop throwing a tantrum Venikane, you have to help us to get to the city but you do not have to speak with Daraous, also those beakers that you are smashing are 600 crems each. I am talented with a scythe but that only goes so far and you are the only one who can successfully read a map.” I said as I threw a book at him to calm him down.

“We leave at dawn, do you have any disagreements.” Jedeiah said as he pulled out 6000 crem and handed to me

“No disagreements.” I said. Jedeiah and Venikane then left my castle; I retired to my quarters for a somewhat restful sleep. During the night I had dreams of some dark figure, the person carried dual short swords and was dressed in all black, he approached me and before I woke up I got to see his face, one eye slashed and his mouth covered by cloth that had a smile stitched on it.



© 2013 Nelson Moore


Author's Note

Nelson Moore
please note that this is my first writing project that i have been writing for about a year and a half

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
Added on April 5, 2013
Last Updated on April 13, 2013
Tags: frankenstien, ficition, violence, violent, bloody, hunger games, fanficion, medevial, scythe, weapons, weapon, immortal, sword, bow, torture, fantasy


Author

Nelson Moore
Nelson Moore

platte county, MO



About
i am a graphic fantasy writer hoping to eventually get published, i hope that you enjoy my writings and i hope to read some that are interesting to myself more..

Writing
Greed Greed

A Poem by Nelson Moore


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Nelson Moore


chatper 3 chatper 3

A Chapter by Nelson Moore