Awaiting You

Awaiting You

A Story by Ghania
"

Mehboob- The Beloved.

"
This day marks a year.

A year of our lack of communication.

A year of drowning myself in desolation.

It’s never been tough for me to pen down something. I’ve always felt connected to anything I get hold of.

I skim its resplendence out of it. Always.
It’s been always a piece of cake for me.

But then there’s You.

I can never pen you. I have read Bukowski, Keats, Shakespeare, Coleridge. To the other limit of extention, I’ve swallowed inks of Ghalib, Faraz, Meer.

They have a substitute word to call you.

Yes, You.

محبوب. The beloved

Their Mehboob. But I can never find it. I can never think another name for you. Because you’re the One.

The One.

Mine only.

I don’t want the same name for my beloved as others’ beloved have had.

And so is the reason, why I can never pen you.
So is the reason, why was it so damn difficult for me to pen down a letter to you.

All nights I used to spend in your enriched embrace, they made me so full of you, that now, without you, my nights are restless. No more soothing nights of slumber.
The evening coffee is no more. I wait for the coffee’s cream to come out on its surface. Yet, it never comes.

Just like you.

It’s been always me. Always me, to ask you. To start with you. To talk with you.
But no.
Not this time.

I am waiting for the coffee to cream out.
I am waiting for my nights to be peaceful.
I am waiting for my thoughts to come, so that I can pen them.

I am waiting for you.

I am telling you. I’ve always found some people related to some. I’ve never found someone totally different. Yet,
You are.

No one can ever supplicate you. You are Y O U for me. And you’ll always be. I love you.

~Awaiting you.

© 2018 Ghania


Author's Note

Ghania
I literally have nothing in my mind right now. I thought why not try writing something. Also, hello everyone!! Imma Back

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on August 14, 2018
Last Updated on August 14, 2018
Tags: #lostlove #letterwriting #lovequ

Author

Ghania
Ghania

Rawalpindi , Punjab, Pakistan



About
Tracing the things and memories from the backyard of emotions. Very friendly. Floating in the sea of my own thoughts and soaking them into the ink of my hand to pen down all of them. A biblio.. more..

Writing
Eid Mubarak Eid Mubarak

A Poem by Ghania


M for Misfit M for Misfit

A Poem by Ghania