Playtime

Playtime

A Poem by Vanessa Macanas
"

http://www.facebook.com/nessiemunster#!/album.php?aid=2039812&id=1554250820 What started to just be a blog post turned into this poem or collection of words to describe this album.

"

I get bored with spare time. 

I self-reflect through a lens and still frame reflections. 

I collaborate.

We collaborate.

Meet new people and create new things. 

I step out of myself to become someone else,

Because someone else who isn’t myself is much more interesting to me.

For moments I become someone else by letting go of myself, 

And in that, a new sense of freedom is found, but only if I let go completely.

That there, is a test in itself.

Can you let yourself go completely, become someone else,

And still find yourself when it’s over?

Maybe that someone else you became for just brief moments,

Becomes a part of you, attaches itself to you.

That someone else you became is now becoming you.

 

Just a thought.

 

© 2012 Vanessa Macanas


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

And a good thought. The British poet, Marc Carver, writes from this perspective I think - kind of out of himself and back in as his poems progress. This poem seems a bit of flash fiction and/or prose poetry (really free verse) so it's more than a collection of words as you mention in your introduction. Actually, I like the poem better without the first two lines. Then, the first four words (in two lines) set the tone for the whole experience of the poem without getting the reader to wonder about the boredom thing and the self-reflection through reflections. Good effort to say the least.

Posted 13 Years Ago


In this big world. We can change our self to fit a situation and need. I believe we need to show the real person to few people. Few friends are real friends. I like the story in the poem. Change is cool. To test new ground and see what we can do. I like the last lines. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem is a virtual synopsis of the core motivation toward being an actor.

When one meshes this performance fantasy gesture w/the paradox of identity in a Zen/Nondual sense, one is rallying around the maypole of profound Reality.

There is the "Playtime" of shifting desires, and there is the Play of the Kosmos, of the Divine.

Your cogent performative poem already segues into the portals of shamanic journeying. . .

Intertwingling all this is a recipe for delight!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMP
this was really good, it's thought provoking and it flows well. good imagery and words. brilliant :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was a good read. I like the imagery you use with your words. Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 15, 2010
Last Updated on April 14, 2012

Author

Vanessa Macanas
Vanessa Macanas

Las Vegas, NV



About
ART. MUSIC. LOVE. The passions that she thrives upon. Surveillance reveals a compassionate young mind living with her heart on her sleeve. She induldges in long late night conversation and french v.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..