Black rose

Black rose

A Poem by NeverSurrender
"

another one of my poems

"
Your breathing
Barely heard
So beautiful
There is no word

Never certain
Always mysterious
Your look
So serious

It hurts
To touch
Though never too little
Never too much

You are
The one I chose
You are
My black rose

© 2010 NeverSurrender


Author's Note

NeverSurrender
The picture is something I painted myself (okay I had an example on the computer screen..). But it's what inspired this poem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this piece, keep going.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well the pic is good and the poem is good too. So I guess that makes this poem awesome. Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked it so much and its a wonderful poem. Well done, thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I surprisingly liked this. when i began reading it i thought "not another 'trying to rhyme'" but it was really really good. the tempo was original, and refreshing and the idea of a Black Rose was fantastic. keep up the great writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

yet another poem describing/ picturing dark beauty and beauty of the dark. I loved it. thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


very sentimental and very beautiful

Posted 13 Years Ago


nice painting, great poem. Is it about a lover or the rose? both need just the proper amount of stroking, never too little, never too much.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow...simple and beautiful...i like the simple rhyme and imagery.
I like particularly "It hurts to touch though never too little never too much." However, I feel that it should flow a little more...its too choppy. Maybe add a little more lyrical words. Otherwise, nice. Thanks for sharing. Keep writing.
gionelly*KiSS.

Posted 13 Years Ago


very good poem and sweet

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love the way you placed your stanzas and how you made them flow very easily. I also love the intense imagery that you have projected throughout the entire poem as if to make the reader undstande what you are speaking of. You flow perfect and rhyme with ease. Great poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

649 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 12, 2010
Last Updated on July 12, 2010


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Happy Place My Happy Place

A Poem by Dev