The Drop

The Drop

A Story by Elexus
"

A different look at abductions

"

We have been called many things, demon, angel, gods, and the product of over active imaginations. It matters not what they call us, or what you call us for that matter, we are what we are and we have always been. Tonight is no different then any other night for the kind of mission we are on, I’ve seen it all, been over the sands of what you call Egypt before the pyramids were even constructed, watched as man traveled across the continents, spreading like the invasion they fear will come for them.


             “Stop your worrying; we’ve agreed this is the only way. You’ve seen what they’ve been doing, you above all have seen.” The soft timbre of a gray clad being murmured in the spacious bridge of the command ship, not even looking as they came slowly into orbit of the planet they were charged with watching. It had been many cycles since the last time this particular group had been to their ward and they weren’t particularly happy to be returning.

            With the wave of a long fingered, slender hand the one who could have been considered captain or leader of the group brought their ship down onto course and with the slightest of tremors through the vessel the liquid like metal of their ship shimmered, pulsing with a warm glow to morph the appearance of their approach. Now it would only seem a small storm front was moving in with the wind current and the leader swiveled in the center seat of the bridge deck with a deep sigh.

            “I know, it just seems…” Shaking his head the tall being rose, gray and white robes fluttering about his bare feet and with arms longer then what a human would consider normal, reached up to pull the hood up over his head, large pupil-less black eyes blinking rapidly with his thoughts. He had to get their passengers ready for their return, this was one of the parts he disliked most about what his people had decided to do.

            Moving out of the bridge area and down a large, brightly lit corridor the creature's strides made him appear to glide along, motions fluid and un-wasted. It was only when he came to a stop around the bend of one of the branched off hallways that he faltered, one of his four fingered hands hovering over the pad that would bring him into the containment area. Pinching his smooth brows up and together he felt his small nostrils flare with the surge of his, of his what? Emotions? Thoughts?

            Too human…Laying his hand on the spherical pad he pressed all four tips of his fingers to it then walked through the door that melted into view with a ripple, making the wall appear to be a wave of molten silver water. There were only two this time around, a female and a male that had been taken from different parts of the same continent. They were close to the same age though they came from differing backgrounds, the male from what humans considered “lower class”, though Quinlan, (this was the name he had chosen, and it seemed to fit the gender he had gone with as well, for his kind were neither female nor male, only what they choose to be) didn’t understand why. Kenny Parker was intelligent, a hard worker with a strong sense of morals that fell into line with Quinlan’s own way of looking at things. Kenny had had a hard life, lost his parents to a horrible accident when he had been young and had taken it upon himself to raise his siblings, working two, sometimes even three jobs at once. But Quinn had to remind himself, humans still put value on material things rather then intellect and morals. It was a shame, really. So much potential. So much wasted…

            Tipping his head the being moved to the human male’s side, watching as he slept peacefully on the suspended table of the containment room, a room that appeared to be all soft lights and curves, making it almost impossible to tell its depth or width or even how high the ceiling may have been. Resting one of his hands on the table, Quinlan tried again to imagine what it must have been like for a human to be taken in this fashion, what it must have been like for their still developing minds to deal with this. Even the simple table they laid upon was a wonder to them, the soft but hard substance that would mold to their body for maximum comfort and support; that kept their body temperatures at an ideal level and would even sooth their minds for a comfortable and restful sleep.

            Keeping his hand on the table still, he lifted his other hovering it less then five measures from the male’s forehead, then slowly moved down towards the center of his chest. Tipping his head Quinn blinked his fathomless black eyes, noting the striking difference between his skin and that of Kenny Parker’s. Smooth silver gray, with hints of blue and black made up his own complexion and to put it in terms that humans would have understood, he would have compared what his skin looked and felt like to that of a shark. But his was one of the rare types for their people to have.

            Kenny Parker was a deep tan, tall for a human, but not for Quinlan's kind, with dark colored hair and eyes. From the kind of life he lived, this particular male was well muscled, his hands and feet calloused and since the last time they had preformed a check up, it looked like Kenny had broken his tibia. He had mended well though and the human doctors had done a wonderful job considering their limited knowledge and technology.

            Everything seemed fine. Pulling his hand back he moved to the next table, the one with the human female of “higher class” from the same area. Again this distinction that the humans had bestowed on this, creature was puzzling to him. Elysia Ayres was the epitome everything Quinlan found, distasteful, yet she was fawned over, privileged. She had lead a rather, dull and selfish life, even in her unconscious state he could see the cruelty etched into her features, the lines around a mouth that only ever smiled with contempt or forced friendliness. Nothing about this female was real, from her lips to the stomach she got "tucked" and the being felt a tremor of revulsion ripple through his core.

            He didn't even want to check her vitals, didn't want to feel the taint of this, Elysia Ayres. Pushing it all aside though, he hovered his hand at least eight measures away from her, not able to look directly at her, if even by his own people's standards she was extremely attractive, exotic even. Sun colored hair, deep green eyes the color of his home world's vast ocean and a clear pale complexion. Shifting softly he risked a glance at her face, small lips pursing into a thin line as he contemplated her.

Stretching his fingers he brought his hand down lower, over her chest, resisting the urge to jerk away. It radiated from her very being, her very core. This was not a specimen they should be preserving; this was not a creature they should be tainting themselves with. But orders were orders. Still. Leaning down a bit closer Quinn peered at her, his hand traveling back up to her forehead and a soft warm glow spread from finger tip to finger tip.


"Just shut up and do what I say. Take your clothes off. I want to see if this fits on your fat a*s, god, how hard is that for your 'spic mind to comprehend? Just because we grew up together doesn't mean you get to stop listening to what I say, you're still just a housemaid, like your s**t for brains mother. Stupid anchor baby…" Elysia laughed, her green eyes humorless and dark as she sat on the end of her bed, watching her personal maid trembling in front of her. They had been born the same year, and even the same day, her parents had tired to get her to play with little Gracia when they both been children and even now when they were well into their teenaged years. They had wanted to instill some form of compassion in their child but Elysia had seen it as an insult, to be forced to mix with the help, even at an early age she had looked down her nose with disdain at the servants.

God, she's actually getting pretty, who would have thought it…Gracia, turning into something nice to look at. Her tits are almost as big as mine now…Tipping her head Elysia arched a plucked brow, watching as her maid put on the dress and obediently turned a circle to model it for her mistress.


             Huffing with a pained look on his face Quinlan reeled away from the memory, a horrified look on his face as he watched the sleeping female, feeling as if he needed to cleanse his soul after having looked into her past. No matter how far he went, or how hard he tired, he couldn’t find a single thing that was appealing about this human. Shaking himself off he straightened up, feeling the ship coming to a slow stop and quickly he went back to her, standing so he was behind her head and looming over her when he bent down, allowing his gray hood to fall down even further around his smoothly featured face, shadow his eyes more. With a hand he touched her forehead, spreading his fingers so there was one on either of her temples and the middle, where her psychic center rested. It was time to drop them off and he would be glad to see this one gone and off of his ship.

            "Elysia Ayres, look at me. You are being returned." There it was again, that voice, it was strangely familiar, yet oddly off putting at the same time and Elysia frowned, but with a sigh she opened her eyes, staring up into the black pits that always held her attention. That promised endless pain and suffering if she didn't do exactly as she was told. This was the part she dreaded the most, and tried to remember the most, this moment before she knew she was going to wake up in her own bed with a foggy, half remembered dream of being probed, raped and violated, humiliated in more ways then she had ever thought possible and with a whimper she tried to shrink away, feeling angry at herself for crying like a little child.

            It wouldn't last, it wouldn't last; once the light washed over her and she was back where she belonged it would be over. It would be nothing but a dream she could suppress and make fun of, an engine for her own abuse towards anyone who looked at her wrong the next day.

            Quinlan tried his best to make it as smooth as possible for her, even if she didn't deserve it and he found himself grinding his jaw as he watched her being lowered with the table through the center of the room, the tractor beam keeping her safely in place so she wouldn't fall and injure herself while she was being transported. He still felt like he needed to cleanse himself, he didn’t want to dirty Kenny with any part of that creature Quinn had been forced to touch.

            Once Elysia's table had returned and floated over to line up with the rest of the empty beds, Kenny's moved as if it had been silently summoned, floating to be in front of the tall, robed being. Again Quinlan leaned down, murmuring for Kenny to open his eyes, fingers touching the three different points on the human's head.

            Kenny didn't want to wake up, he was relaxed, it was peaceful here like it always was and a bit reluctantly he looked up, his brown and gold eyes bright as he watched the swirling black pools that always met his gaze. Looking at them was like looking at the entirety of space and he always tried to see if he could catch sight of any stars floating around in them, as silly as it sounded to even him. Quinn's eyes couldn't hold the universe, he was just one being.

            "Time to go back, think I could remember a bit more this time? I mean, come on who am I going to tell? Honestly? Besides, it's not like anyone would believe me even if I did tell anyone…" Kenny chuckled as he watched the being he only ever remembered in these lucid moments right before waking up, he loved these moments. He felt blessed in a way to get to share them with someone like Quinn and the others he had spoken to. Even if it all was just a dream, it was a nice way to spend his sleeping, it gave him hope.

           "I wish I could, but you know the rules. When you wake you won't remember much, I know you don't want to hear this, but I hope as I always do, that this is the last time we see each other, my friend..." Quinn's black eyes seemed to shift colors subtly and he pulled back, watching as the light once again softly enveloped the table, Kenny's electric grin spreading over his face as he watched from his resting place and it was only when the light started its descent that he rolled his head back over to watch skyward for a few moments, then he closed his eyes before totally vanishing inside the white illumination.

            This time before the table even returned, Quinlan was out the door, heading back up the hallway and for the bridge, making sure everything was going as it should, that no one had spotted them when they had dropped of the female, then made the short jump to the male's destination. He hated the drops when they were like Elysia's, he hated the pick ups when he realized they were going to be like Elysia's and they were becoming more and more frequent.

            "…It's not your fault, they choose what they will remember, their deeds, their lives, and everything about what makes them who they are is reflected in the memories of their visits. It has to be this way; it's how it's always been." The being that had spoken to Quinn before the drop was murmuring gently again, her black blue eyes watching him closely. She knew how hard it was on him when they had drops like this, he had a tendency to become overly attached, he always had.

            "… I know. They shape their visits, just as they shape their own world, their own souls, we can't change that for them. Some day we'll find one. We'll find one who will understand and who will remember..." Quinlan nodded mostly to himself as he sat down, small lips pursing as he thought about each drop and with the smile from Kenny, the trusting look he had given Quinn, the alien mimicked the smile, allowing it to wash way the tinge of Elysia. One day they would be ready. One day the majority would be the Kenny Parkers of the Earth and not the Elysias and they would be ready to know the truth.


© 2011 Elexus


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
Added on June 12, 2011
Last Updated on July 4, 2011
Tags: Short story

Author

Elexus
Elexus

CA



About
I'm a spastic, cat like geek who loves to read and write, with many interests. Pool, going to the movies, photography, and drawing are just a few. My main writing focus is usually supernatural or f.. more..

Writing
Confession Confession

A Story by Elexus


The Need The Need

A Story by Elexus


Mutual Feelings Mutual Feelings

A Story by Elexus