I know her.

I know her.

A Story by Neytri
"

When everything else in my life seemed to drag me down, she helped me up.

"
I...
What am I? Who am I?

I am a fifteen year old simple girl coming from a simple family from a place called Guwahati, India.

I am simple. Am I? I don't know. I try to be simple but things doesn't seem to be happening quite normally in my life. Having said the word 'normal', someone once asked me, "What according to you is normal?" I replied, "Normal is when you don't have a fear that one day you might end up destroying not only yours but also the lives of the people you're important to." She said,"You think that's normal?" I said, "Yes, I do."

Do you wanna know what she replied? She replied, "Why do you wanna be normal? Thats what I don't understand.You're different.Embrace it.Yeah you're not perfect. You F**k up. And that's okay
At least you're not one of those whining about not having the latest iphone. At least you're not that shallow. You have some sensibility"

Was she right? I don't know. All I know is that I adore her, I admire her. She seems to be the only truth to me. She is the one whom although I never met, makes me feel that I know her since ages before. She gave me the hope that I, at one point of my life, was completely without.

I don't know what's her opinion about me, I don't know if I'm at all important to her... and I don't even wanna know... She once told me, "Explore the universe within you." She seems to be the core of my universe. She is the sun to all my planets. She holds me, she attracts me.

I don't know if she'll be reading this. I don't know how she'll react if she does. But all I know is that I love her, I respect her. That's how I know her.

© 2016 Neytri


Author's Note

Neytri
Your reviews would mean a lot to me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this sounds to me like what a real friend should be like. I'm no great psychologist but I agree that you should explore the universe within you and accept yourself for what you are. it's not ok to be different it is a MUST.
this is a heartfelt piece. and nicely written.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neytri

8 Years Ago

Thank you Sir
Aura Devour

8 Years Ago

Idk what to comment to be honest. But this is nice, man. Keep writing, keep exploring, keep believin.. read more
Neytri

8 Years Ago

Thank you Aura. And I'll keep believing in her and myself too :)



Reviews

A very good tale in the story and you were given good advice.
"Explore the universe within you."
We are lucky to meet people who make us wish and dream. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Neytri

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing :)
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.
A very nice piece and one of my favorite subjects. Everyone has their own normal. You cannot live in the normal of another. The normal you feel is do, to your background and upbringing which is different than most. You can change your life to another normal, but it may not fit unless you make it yours. Well done work and good thoughts.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Neytri

8 Years Ago

Thank you Sir, for reviewing
We always need some of those people in our lives who show us the light at the end of the tunnel. And you are lucky if you know her. Nice work. Keep it up.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Neytri

8 Years Ago

Thank you Gaurav for reviewing. :)
"Explore the universe within you " loved it . very nice . Whatever "she" said is so much useful and reliable . Keep that one. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Neytri

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reviewing.
Wow, what a nice piece of writing. I especially like your definition of being normal which is away from its stereotypical representation and that indicates your maturity of thoughts. The conversation with your friend, perhaps your best friend or perhaps your conscience is extremely honest and easily felt. I do have such a soul to speak to all the time and that is my inner soul.

Am ready and waiting for your next.

-Dipanjan

Posted 8 Years Ago


Neytri

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your inspiring words...
I agree with your friend on this one I think. What is normal? I think some people say normal when they really mean fitting in with the majority and unique would be someone who knows that they aren't with the mainstream of thought and move to their own tune. Every little thing that makes you unique is of far more interest to people than any sign of normality. We should be proud to do things differently. Life is hard enough for most without adding more labels to people, so my advice would be to be yourself and embrace all the little differences.
I hope she reads your piece. Even if she doesn't respond as you hope, she will be glad to know that you see her for what she is too, herself.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Neytri

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your precious time...
Happy to see another work of yours. I don't know the 'she' you talked about. But for me, the 'she' is my mother. Wonderful and keep going!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Neytri

8 Years Ago

Thank you Sandra.
Sandra Nair

8 Years Ago

You are always welcome!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
dan
When things seem to be going awry we may chance upon one armed with wisdom; that being can say just a few wise things and straighten out one's thinking, one's hopes and dreams. And wisdom is not the sole property of elders; the wisdom possessed by the young can blossom at any time. Wisdom attained from ANY source can change a life for the better. In the case of this write the wizened source may be your own conscience, your own font of wisdom.
Very nicely written. take care...dan

Posted 8 Years Ago


Neytri

8 Years Ago

Thank you sir
Seems sensitive souls often bear the weight of worries...this resonated with me...an honest piece that speaks volumes...to have a guiding light is a rare thing in modern times but a sacred blessing...the universe is indeed only a reflection away and when we realise we are only meant to be ourselves in this realm...things click into place a little easier...sometimes...lovely write...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Neytri

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much
You're blessed to have such a great companion in your life. Who understands you so much and helps you to look towards the bright side of life. We are all different here so don't fret if you're an outsider. Embrace the rebel in you, stand out from the herd, explore yourself and everything around and keep writing. ;)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Neytri

8 Years Ago

Yes, I'm indeed blessed to have her in my life. Thanks for reviewing.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

623 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 16, 2016
Last Updated on January 16, 2016

Author

Neytri
Neytri

Guwahati, New Guwahati, India



About
Struggling hard to find who I really am!! more..

Writing
Radience Radience

A Poem by Neytri



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Innocence Innocence

A Poem by annalysiar