A tale, not of love...

A tale, not of love...

A Story by Neytri
"

I leave it to you. You can describe it any way you want.

"
This is the story of Tania. Tania, a fifteen year old girl, who is in love with an eighteen year old guy, John. It seems to be a love story right? But it isn't. You know what, I hate love stories. So, if you really wanna find out what else then a love story it is, then read on....

Lets go back to Tania's childhood. As a child, Tania always used to wonder how nice life would be once she grows up. When she was in the 1st standard, she used to dream of getting into the 4th standard. When she was in the 4th, the 8th seemed to be rather interesting...Now, she's in the 10th standard. But now, growing up doesn't fantasize her any more. Reason?? Lets find out. For that we need to go back to 2013, when Tania was in class 8.
   " Enough is enough! I won't trust anyone anymore. This world is so selfish. No one in this world can love anyone else than oneself. I know, this is my fault. I trust people so easily, and by doing that, it is me, who gives a chance to them to break my heart. Neither I'll trust anyone, love anyone, nor they'll get a chance to betray my love."
   What you just read was a page from Tania's dairy. She decided not to trust anyone, not to love anyone. But that's not possible right? Who on this earth has control over one's heart? Now... lets see what has been waiting for Tania.
  "Hey Tania, someone from class 10 loves you", one of her classmate said.
   As I already mentioned, Tania was least bothered about these stuffs. She just chose to ignore. But it was her sixth sense, yelling out to her since the first moment that the guy, her classmate was talking about was none other than John. Well, her sixth was right.
  Speaking of John, a tall, handsome guy whom most of the girls of the school had a crush on. He was handsome indeed, trust me on that. But Tania was way different than those girls. Just being good looking was not at all a criteria for her to judge a person. Tania already faced many things in her life till then. All her past experiences made her very insensitive. And most importantly, she lost trust in love.....
   "What should I do? I don't understand, why at all am I in a confusion regarding this. I decided to stay away from these things, didn't I? May be I'm thinking too much. Let me talk to him, know him, if I like him, its well and good and if I don't, I'll always have a chance to walk out." - this was another short page from her diary.
  From next day on, they started talking to each other. Even John was not serious about this, even he just wanted a break from his past life. Both of them very well knew it. But gradually as they started knowing each other, they found out how similar they were. Their thinking, their experiences, their outlook.... were all so alike. They started to like each other, and when that 'like' helplessly turned into 'love', they couldn't even figure out. They thought that they were made for each other. Life seemed to be a fairy tale....
   But life isn't a fairy tale right? Today, after completing two years, one month, one day and twenty two hours together.... Tania is horrified thinking of the future. She is so much in love with him, she doesn't know what her life would be without John by her side.
  Oops! I forgot to tell you what made her think of all these. John is in 12th standard now. And most probably he'll have to walk out of the city they live in, to persue higher studies. Tania being quite a practical girl, knows that her life, or I must say 'their life', will be never be the same ever. She knows that the future years might not support them. She knows that her life would never be a fairy tale ever.She knows that John loves her, she trusts him... but....
   Sorry, I won't be able to describe that 'but...'    Maybe its the fear of the unknown.... may be its insecurity.... maybe its low self esteem.... or maybe its this cruel world... maybe its her weakness.... maybe this society....... maybe......

© 2016 Neytri


Author's Note

Neytri
Your reviews would be helpful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

First of all, this was very close to my heart. I am very much similar to the girl whom u described here. So seriously, I enjoyed reading much as if you had written about me. Not a single thing is changed. Everything is the same...as in me.... I am in class 10 now..
And I can only say that if something is yours, then it will definitely come back to you, if it doesn't come, then it was never yours....
Similarly, in today's world of internet, distance doesn't matter much. Still, it does bcz I have seen the same situation where we you are close yet distant.....
The story doesn't feel me like a story bcz for me it was about me. Starting from class, different from other girls, out of crush, being myself, senior friendship and all... everything is about me....
very nice to read...
Thanks for writing this....
I feel glad. ..
Anindita : )


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neytri

7 Years Ago

I'm glad that you could relate. Thank you :)



Reviews

First of all, this was very close to my heart. I am very much similar to the girl whom u described here. So seriously, I enjoyed reading much as if you had written about me. Not a single thing is changed. Everything is the same...as in me.... I am in class 10 now..
And I can only say that if something is yours, then it will definitely come back to you, if it doesn't come, then it was never yours....
Similarly, in today's world of internet, distance doesn't matter much. Still, it does bcz I have seen the same situation where we you are close yet distant.....
The story doesn't feel me like a story bcz for me it was about me. Starting from class, different from other girls, out of crush, being myself, senior friendship and all... everything is about me....
very nice to read...
Thanks for writing this....
I feel glad. ..
Anindita : )


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neytri

7 Years Ago

I'm glad that you could relate. Thank you :)
maybe tania and john will live life as it unfolds through the ages, and walk paths that will carry them to distant shores, setting sail from port to port...and maybe, just maybe, in this small world their paths will cross again.


Posted 8 Years Ago


Neytri

8 Years Ago

Yes exactly.... Maybe :)
Very nicely written. Loved the read :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Neytri

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)
I was scrolling down, I thought that my net might be slow but no it was the end of the story. It was so good that reading once is not enough... Nicely written :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Neytri

8 Years Ago

I'm overwhelmed, dear writer. Thank you so much dear poet. :)
Azriel

8 Years Ago

Your welcome... :)
Beautiful and interesting. Can't stop from appreciating your special way of bringing out the matter.
Excellent keep going!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Neytri

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Sandra :)
A interesting story. When we are in school. Age does matter. With older age. A few years mean nothing. You create thoughts and confusion in the story. It did very well. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Neytri

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Sir....
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
dan
Neytri, Extremely well written and smoothly narrated. I wish I had the talent to write stories such as you do. It was very free-flowing and natural in tone. What happened at the end? You pose a question and then do not answer it? Couldn't you think of an ending? (Just kidding...) Very nicely done! take care...dan

Posted 8 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
I found the story interesting but somehow felt a hurry to end it. Eventually your first paragraph is more like the introduction page of a book rather than the first paragraph of the story. Also, I personally feel the paragraphs break are not very attractive. To comment on the narration, I have to find and read more like this as I haven't come across such a narration elsewhere. I don't know but this narration broke the flow of reading confusing me sometimes, probably because it's the first time.

I feel you with this plot could have made the story better.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Neytri

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing. It was the first time I tried something like this. Well, seems I didn't suc.. read more
Dipanjan Dutta

8 Years Ago

Don't look for success...it's just the other side of the coin with failure on one side...keep flippi.. read more
'May be' - should be one word. Unless you actually want to divide it, then you need a noun beforehand. Probably an 'it'.

It gets a bit too confusing with your odd styling. I've never seen anything like it, describing a character from afar, not even in real time but just in general. That's probably the most impersonal way to do the job, but most of the time it doesn't sound too bad. Except this makes it no longer a story, but a summary.
Look up 'deep narrator'. That's usually the modern narrator.

Sorry to say, but having one's heart broken at 12 years old doesn't sound either too serious, or too unexpected. I kind of doubt a love relation can be formed at that age, considering that most 12 year old couples marry each other within days and then break up within days. It really sounds like a small, real-life drama with kids as involuntary actors, which of course is why I laugh every time when hearing of some child who fell in love.

Overall, interesting way to write. Hope to see more, so keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

706 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 31, 2016
Tags: Love, insecurity, fear

Author

Neytri
Neytri

Guwahati, New Guwahati, India



About
Struggling hard to find who I really am!! more..

Writing
Radience Radience

A Poem by Neytri



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Downfall Downfall

A Poem by A. Amos