Education for development

Education for development

A Story by Ngawang Tibet
"

It’s not a story.

"

Christine Gregoire quoted that, “Education is the foundation upon which we build our future”.

Education is the fundamental idea that here I am going to interpret it through insight of human values and how the education can be a fountain of developmental project in the sense of human development and human progress.

As saying goes, ‘education is the key to success’. On the basis of this general explanation, the success is based on education and the education is the trigger of success that we all wanted to be a part of it once in our life. The success will never come without a proper education and the education must be equally shared among us without discrimination, racism, caste, color, class, high and low profiles.

Education is an equal opportunity and an equal right to have access without hesitations of being robbed and snatched. Because George Washington Carve said that, “education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom”. And yes it is! Education toppled the colonialism, imperialism, warlordism, despotism, etc. in the past human history and it was a huge glory of education and being educated.

Since we were childhood, we started our education from the first stage of kindergarten and we were passionate about learning something new from our guidance and teachers. Everyday we were growing up with new idea and curiosity to fit ourselves into the right moment of worldly things.

Teachers are the supervisors of the students to get them into right track though it is challenging to tackle the difficulties of everyday life. As a student, who is dependent and vulnerable from all, financially or morally, student expect more from teachers to educate them and motivate them to be what they are on the base of their abilities and capabilities. In the meantime, teachers must teach them and guide them what is wrong and what right in the time of shapable and transformative. Mentally and physically, children are much more sensitive and fragile to their environment, teachers and family have a huge onus to look after the children from every single day without being ignored to meet the needs of a child.

“The bird is powered by its own life and by its motivation”, quoted by A.P.J. Abdul Kalam. Education itself is a motivation to progress the mind of young people, if it is good enough to quench the thirst of young mind a in long term development.

Students are facing major problem during the high school day and most of them dropped out of the school and never will have a good degree to find a good career job. This is due to lack of motivation and moral values among the young people. Merely textbook teaching will not help the youngsters to develop their mental attitude and moral education. They can be helped by the standard teachings of science of mind and motives of dealing with different situation through positive attitude. The education system should be changed through the way of teaching itself from primary school to the high school. We need to apply a motivational teaching system in every school and teachers should be trained by motivational academics.

“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”, quoted by Nelson Mandela. He has rightly quoted that the education is an omnipotent weapon to change the world as a better place for all of us. But, as if the education turned into a weapon of destructing the world then what is the main objective of educating people?

In the world, especially in the twentieth and twenty first century, many human destructions brought into the world and as well as to the humanity by highly educated people with help of highly technological advancement. Those people have had negative aspect of life and misguided them. Then what is wrong with the center idea of the education and the basic system of educating people? why is the implementation of education turned into such a destructive weapon?

The cause of destruction is not merely wrong with the education but how they educating people with existing system of education. Basically, the root of negative consequences is derived by lack of human values and moral ethics in existing education system. The human inner values are the essential objectives to create a good human being with positive behaviors and mental attitude towards life we live. These values can be taught and practiced by every human being since from their childhood stage and it is very essential to be nurtured by moral values. A person can be trained by good things and it is easy to train him as bad as good. The focal point of education for development is to transform the society into prosperous and peaceful family.

Moreover ethical education is the essence of life where we can find the exact size of the shoes to our foot. It isn’t wholly about religion but it’s about how we pragmatically sense the goodness of the inner values and cultivate the seeds of moral principles upon the behaviors that we all possessed. It leads the society to the climax of priority and prosperity, at this point, the education can be considered as the most valuable asset of the nation and definitely the world will be a place where we will find a peaceful home for ourselves and we all wholeheartedly preserve the spiritual culture we invented. “Peace in the world depends on peace in the hearts of individuals; this depends on each of us practising ethics by disciplining our negative thoughts...”, quoted by H.H 14th Dalai Lama.

Therefore, in the future perspective, the education will be the chief goal in any development and the education must be assigned with the top priories of human values and moral ethics. Otherwise, only academic education will not work out a happy life for all.

© 2018 Ngawang Tibet


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on September 18, 2018
Last Updated on September 18, 2018

Author

Ngawang Tibet
Ngawang Tibet

New Delhi , Delhi , India



About
his name is Ngawang Norbu and born in Tibet. He likes to read and write, and he is an average basketball player. Currently he is pursuing his career studies on politics or MA in International Relation.. more..

Writing
To JC To JC

A Poem by Ngawang Tibet