The Road Less Traveled

The Road Less Traveled

A Story by Nicholas Andriani
"

Inspiration from a life on the road.

"

As our world grows increasingly smaller it’s easier than ever to seek refuge in the comfort of familiar places. We also live in a time where thoughts and ideas can manifest in the blink of an eye and round-the-world travel is at the fingertips of risk takers and adventurers alike. I see Marco Polo and Gertrude Bell in the men and women I met abroad. Sharing the road, sharing tales of individual split-second experiences worth more than time itself.

I started blogging not only to share my story and to learn from others, but to inspire, to instill the momentum it takes to lace up ones boots and hit the road. It wasn’t until I found myself alone in a most foreign country that I felt the hot passion of life. Where my native tongue was less useful than the moo of a cow and I had no idea what the hell I was putting in my mouth… but it tasted good and I wanted more! And that is why you must hit the road.

Don’t be victimized by the culture of fear. Our planet is waiting to be explored, to reveal it’s secrets to you, to me, to any who dare ask, it will expose you to the raw truths of life. To the quarks of distant cultures and alien tongues. To disgusting foods and delicious cuisines, to dangerous and countless blessings.

Let’s take control of 2014. Don’t be afraid to leap without looking. I encourage you to take off the training wheels and take the road less traveled.

-Yallah, Bye!

© 2014 Nicholas Andriani


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It`s quiet interesting to read. There`s always an inspiration around the lonely roads; it gives us strength to walk on; it takes us to the hundreds of miles away of our homes to let the heart meet its destiny, no matter what. This post`s quiet impressive. Nice imagery!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Love the line, "Don't be victimized by the culture of fear," I think many people in our society are, and that i why we need more travel writers to expose the secrets of the world to us! I look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Beautifully written. I can relate in many ways. I have traveled through South East for the past year and I rarely find the words to describe not only the experience, but the general knowledge and random facts that now swim around in my head. All the things I wouldn't have known... or tasted at that. Great read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It`s quiet interesting to read. There`s always an inspiration around the lonely roads; it gives us strength to walk on; it takes us to the hundreds of miles away of our homes to let the heart meet its destiny, no matter what. This post`s quiet impressive. Nice imagery!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 28, 2014
Last Updated on February 28, 2014
Tags: Travel, Inspiration, middle east, backpacking, travel blog, travel writer, jordan, islam, vagabond, travelogue

Author

Nicholas Andriani
Nicholas Andriani

Kansas City, KS



About
Nick was influenced from an early age of cultures beyond his own. Growing up in Texas he spent summers with his family visiting the Gulf of Mexico where he learned the legends of Jean Lafitte and late.. more..

Writing
Nerja Nerja

A Chapter by Nicholas Andriani