An Honest Fool

An Honest Fool

A Poem by Nicole Renee

Aha!

You say I'm a fool for doing this,

For doing what I believe in.

Well, I say you're the fool for not seeing

The beauty in what my words speak

And the power that holds within each word

That is spoken right in front of you.

I know you don't have the sight of it,

But I hope that you can someday see the message

That is portrayed right in front of you

So you could see what I really wrote

Instead of what I just spoke in my language.

© 2008 Nicole Renee


Author's Note

Nicole Renee
Yeah, this just came to me.... And there are two sentences that may not make sense, which I know which one's they are.

That is spoken right in front of you.
&&
That is portrayed right in front of you

I wasn't sure how to word those sentences....
____________________________________
4-18-08: Uh, I wrote something here, but I feel stupid for writing it. XD Lol. *hides in a hole* So I apologize for that and for being an idiot (If I do continue to be like that today...)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This poem leaves me asking what "it" is. I really want to know. The narrator seems strong and proud with herself and her actions, and I want to know why she is declaring her righteousness to the reader, specifically an intended reder. Otherwise, I can tell that a lot of thought and emotion went into writing this. That being the case, this specific poem should not change.

Something you can try, if you're interested, would be to write a seperate poem, taking your idea/inspiration for this piece and running with it. Go crazy. Make wild imperitves. Describe every feeling, thought, or idea like you could physically touch them and see what you think of the final product.

As far as revising what you have here including the problem lines you cited above, simplify the lines just by dropping "That is."

Spoken right in front of you,
portrayed right in front of you.

Definately keep writing... You have a very natural poetic voice and I very much enjoy reading your poetry. Feel free to send me read requests any time you want. Have a good one and keep up the good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I absolutely loved this one�the honesty here to be more specific. But there is something I wish to say...

Just because somebody doesn't appreciate your work, it doesn't mean that your words don't have no value. When we write something we put our feelings into it. But when we read something, most of the time we read it with our heads not our hearts. Sometimes when the meaning in those words are relatable to our lives, we feel it. Or else our judgment on that piece of poetry/story is JUST a generalized opinion.

Imagine a person who has never written a poem/story reading this particular piece (An Honest Fool). Can he be expected to understand how it feels like to receive a bad review for a piece into which you've put your heart and soul?
No.
Some people are here (on the WC) to better their writing skills, some simply to read, some are here to find out if they can write anything at all. If you go through my bio, you'll find I've mentioned this. So everybody's reaction to a particular piece is bound to be different. Quite justifiably so.

Yes, one must be careful with the words one chooses to review another's work. But even if they don't care, a writer is expected to understand. Please do not allow yourself to be disheartened by reviews. That'll affect your expression in your future writings. Do not let anything curb your emotions when you write.
Most of us live not the lives that we want but exist as per society's norms. The world of writing is a place where you can be yourself and can let your emotions flow as they wish to flow. Don't let anything take away that freedom from you.
If any piece of writing makes you feel good, then it's GOOD irrespective of anything & anyone.

Keep writing, always.


Posted 16 Years Ago


An ignorant onlooker never sees the depths of a poet...this is fantastic! :)
Thank you so much for entering this in the Vent Radio contest!

Posted 16 Years Ago


A wonderful piece.....seems directed at someone who doesn;t appreciate your written words or understands them. People will see what they want to see but if you look really hard at someones words you can sometimes see between them at the hidden meaning. A Great piece Nicole!


Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 24, 2008
Last Updated on April 18, 2008

Author

Nicole Renee
Nicole Renee

Anoka, MN



About
I usually write poetry and short stories, yet I always come up with good ideas for novels. I did have a long biography on here,but when Charlie deleted everybody's work off of here on Friday the 13th,.. more..

Writing
10 Days. 10 Days.

A Chapter by Nicole Renee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..