The Day After

The Day After

A Chapter by Nicole Renee

                Wrapped up in the warmth of the fleece blanket given to her for Christmas the year before by her cousin, Marilyn shifted around a few times before sitting up on right side of her bed. Her dark brown hair was all over the place, clumping to the top of her head and around her face. She could feel Derrick’s body warmth radiating comfortably on her hip and thigh, a grin spreading to the corners of her mouth as she stared down at him. It was the day after their wedding day, already being on their honeymoon in Italy. It felt so perfect for the newlywed, her dream wedding being everything that she had wanted, considering the two had money issues at one point of planning the wedding. But they had managed to pull it off, having a simple, yet beautiful wedding on a cliff by the water on a blissful sunny day with their friends and family members. Marilyn chuckled when she thought about when they had all done the chicken dance, thinking how cute the little kids where since they didn’t really know how to do the dance.                   A slight shift in the bed broke the new bride’s small memory, her eyes shifting down at her husband. Derrick looked peaceful sleeping, occasionally moving around a bit either if he was sleep talking or just moving around in general. Marilyn just kept her grin and leaned over to peck Derrick on the lips, slowly trailing her lips and tongue over the outline of his lips before completely pecking him and took the silk robe by her bed to cover herself up. She took tiny steps to go towards the balcony and let the sweet wind caress her, the cool breeze almost tempting Marilyn to crawl back into bed, yet stayed once she saw the scenery. It was too beautiful to image, seeming unbelievable that the experience was here and now and it was on a honeymoon.   When Marilyn leaned back against the frame of the double doors to the patio, she instead was leaning against Derrick’s naked body. She titled her head to stare up at him.

“Hey babe,” Marilyn whispered, raising her hand up to feel his stubble face.  

"Sleep well?”

“Did you?”

“Of course, “Derrick muttered, letting his arms wrap around Marilyn’s waist. Out the blue, she felt slightly light headed, feeling herself go slightly whiter than her usual skin tone. “Derrick, I’ll be right back,” Marilyn said,giving Derrick his robe so he wouldn’t be seen naked in front of the window, running towards the bathroom frame. When she got there, Marilyn closed the door quietly and instantly threw up in the toilet. What’s going on? Am I sick? Or am I? The idea hit her and she grabbed the pregnancy test her friend Julie had given to her for a gift just in case,unwrapping it and used it as the direction said. When she lifted it up for the result, there were two smiles in the bathroom. 



© 2010 Nicole Renee


Author's Note

Nicole Renee
I had fun writing this short, yet cute story. :]
And when I pasted this, it came out a bit funny.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel like bubbles are popping inside of me now! It's so happy!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very nicely written!

Posted 14 Years Ago


nice =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Awww, this is cute! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yea! A happy ending for our lovers. :) I like it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this story very much. The detail is great and the emotion of the story is conveyed completely. I love the last line of this story. great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Really nice descriptions for such a wonderful short story. Thought you did a great job of capturing the happiness of it all! Very nice.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great description, well written. I enjoyed reading this, Good Job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


very cute piece liked it alot...the humor was great in this..overall nice job..

Posted 14 Years Ago


i like it, well done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

496 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2010
Last Updated on April 13, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

Nicole Renee
Nicole Renee

Anoka, MN



About
I usually write poetry and short stories, yet I always come up with good ideas for novels. I did have a long biography on here,but when Charlie deleted everybody's work off of here on Friday the 13th,.. more..

Writing
10 Days. 10 Days.

A Chapter by Nicole Renee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..