What's Next?

What's Next?

A Chapter by Nicole Renee

The one to the right with the long blond hair?...No, too easy. She’s too busy rambling on about her new dress. Oooh. The starkly man with the stubby mustache and awkward goatee? Hmm. Perhaps not.Aha. Perfect.  Victoria Kelly smiled slyly underneath the trimmed fake mustache that she had on, hoping to find a hat that wasn’t too ratted out by holes or that smelled of a sewer.  She had lost her hat while going past a too pampered woman that had little soul for the people around her. It made Victoria frown at first to lose it, being a worn out hat that she favored. But that was until she had seen a Bowler hat that suited her, tapping her foot very lightly and watched to see if anybody was around and to see if the man wearing the bowler hat was even paying attention to his surroundings. He was indulged with a street dice game being played, yet was trying hard to not to stare for some reason. Alright.Here we go. Slipping past a few spenders going into a few of the stores, Victoria walked casually down the narrow road, sneaking her arm into a coat hanging off a barrel.                        

              Nobody had seemed to notice, which Victoria feel that this day was too easy for her, yet proceeded to put on the coat and take the hat off the gentlemen distracted. A tiny one second grin showed up, taking a peek at what the man looked like before taking a right down the road. Of course, unknowing to her, there was going to be trouble just around the corner and it wasn’t going to be the type that was going to be easy to escape from right away. Taking a stop to see what the coat she had stolen had in its pockets, there were rushed footsteps coming quickly and the cold dull side of a blade to touch the skin of the neck. “Nice to see you too, Jesse. Amos.” Victoria stared up at the two men with a coy smile, knowing that they hated her for outwitting the two a few times ages ago, and that she wasn’t a man. She was brilliant at disguises and did it to escape her rich and newly, yet not happily forced engaged life. “Elijah, what the bloody hell are you doing here?” Jesse growled, the dull side of the knife flipped over. Victoria looked around for an exit sign, hoping that in some crazy way, there would a distraction.                                           

             Having her eyes stare at the ground, a sudden burst of smoke covered the area. “Run, Elijah!” A rich, deep voice echoed, giving Victoria enough time to escape Jesse’s blade and ran towards the other side of the road. The brown bowler hat almost came off, but Victoria held on and dodged a crowd of chattering people. When she found a safe spot to hide in, she took a breather and stood up, thinking of one name, which was Lawrence. She then walked away, thinking about what to do next. 



© 2010 Nicole Renee


Author's Note

Nicole Renee
This was inspired by I Never Woke Up In Handcuffs Before from the soundtrack Sherlock Holmes! And since my story is based off this song, I thought I'd make it a Sherlock Holmes fanfiction for the fun of it (at least in the second part of the story) :]

I know the ending is weird and cheesy, but I couldn't add more since it would have gone WAY over 500.
So the story is based off the song and the title Sweet Surrender, although it's not about love.
I deiced to go with this title first. It was easier..but a few things will be explained in the next story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your opening on this sucked me right in. I could SEE the scene. Hell of a write. I think you should take this somewhere.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

403 Views
1 Review
Added on April 17, 2010
Last Updated on May 1, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

Nicole Renee
Nicole Renee

Anoka, MN



About
I usually write poetry and short stories, yet I always come up with good ideas for novels. I did have a long biography on here,but when Charlie deleted everybody's work off of here on Friday the 13th,.. more..

Writing
10 Days. 10 Days.

A Chapter by Nicole Renee