Changing Fast

Changing Fast

A Poem by NightsShade
"

Whats the inspiration?

"

The thought just slipped into my mind that maybe my life, and possibly yours too, is as screwed as everyone else's.  Frankly, it's scaring me, that tiny thoughts like these seize to flee.


The pessimistic part of myself says things like this all the time.  She knows all my insecurities and seems to enjoy exploiting them.


My hands shake and my whole frame trembles. Is it right to believe that most of us make it through horrible moments like these?


It still scares me. When the daylight seems a shade darker everyday.  When that darkness turns into a void that swallows people and never spits them back out.


Run when the change comes.


Inspiration is impossible when you’re already lost.


Tremble.


Cry.


Scream.


Taste the fear on your lips.


They can smell it.


Flee when the predator sees you and when the crude shadows try to eat you.

 Or maybe, it's best to embrace the change. Is it not inevitable? They are faster, molding your mind to be perfect.


Oh, here comes the rush.


Pushing into your mind, and morphing your body into what they are, taking away your pain and fear, feeding off of it, getting stronger with every passing minute, turning into something that you understand, haunting you.


 Are they really that horrifying if their influence helps me to not feel any longer?

 

© 2010 NightsShade


Author's Note

NightsShade
Insight would be helpful!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting piece. I like the differences in the font sizes. I'm guess you did that to separate your ideas? It worked very well. When I was reading it, the smaller font sounded kind of like a whisper in my head while the larger font was a speaking voice. Really nice work with this! Good flow and nicely structured.

-Howl

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


i really like this one :)


This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


this is absolutly amazing. it flowed together perfectly and the way it was written just kept me reading it. you are an utterly fantastic writer and i love your work. amazing job.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Sarah...There are two indisputable facts of life...death...and change.

Nothing stays the same...this moment has already gone, the moment I wrote this!
At my stage of life...I don't fear it, because I'm used to it. Don't fear it...embrace it, and you will find that...in most cases...it was for the best, even though it didn't seem like it at the time!

Most people like to swim...but in the beginning, they hesitated while putting a toe in the water.
Eventually, after much coaxing and prodding, they trusted enough to first wade in the water, then finding it not so daunting...finally submerging their whole body in and found they had nothing to fear. Soon...they were laughing and splashing along with everyone else, having the time of their lives.

C''mon in Sarah...the waters fine!!!

Bea


This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


Honestly.... I think it makes perfect sense. But my sense might be different then your's so I really am not sure if my sense would make sense to your sense. You get the sense of what I'm sensing?

Either sensiblity is out the door or not.. but here's my take anyway! :)

We question who we are, what we are and how we fit in to the masses around us all the time. Pressures of daily life are always grinding against us, some like sand paper, others like rocks being thrown.
WE are always wondering if going one way or another is important to us, or is it more important that we see those "Other's" way as what is important.

Change is what ultimately scares us. Most people like a level of regularity. When we come into a room and people are arguing which choice is the best one...we either feel forced to take a side.. or we just want to run and hide.

In the end we realized it was our choice to make our own path anyway...which makes the room of pressure moot. We decide, we choose..we live or die by our own reckoning....

A wonderful thinking piece!

Aaron Maycroft

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 16, 2009
Last Updated on June 12, 2010
Previous Versions

Author

NightsShade
NightsShade

Secrets,..., WI



About
I'm a simple person, with simple thoughts and ideas. Don't mind my simple mindedness too much. Note: I give honest reviews, not pointless fluff. Don't feel as if I'm taking a stab at your charact.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..