Tea Party

Tea Party

A Poem by NightsShade

I've brought you all together for this tea party of sorts,
With dainty white gloves and polite talk,
Proper manners and fake smiles and friendships.
A sophisticated society
Where nothings real and everything's a lie.
So I'll just push you all away,
Exclude you from my future plans.
This is what I want, why I'll take these actions.
The tea's thrown in someones face,
A stained dress and an upturned table,
With broken china and scattered silver wear.
A mass of confusion with people standing,
Horrified at the mess I've created, what I've done.
They stare, and scream about their ruined day,
But no one asks me two simple words
To show that I matter, that they care.
'What's wrong?' was all I wanted to hear
But I suppose I should have expected this,
I live with these people, I know their ways.
That their thoughts are never on sympathy,
But rather centered around themselves
Creating a better image, dignified and righteous,
Changing how they are perceived.
But they don't see, see what's going on around them.
See the person that was sitting in front of them,
See that she's confused and lost
Begging with her eyes for you to care, for you to help.
She needs you, wants you
Even though she knows that your help will never come.
Can't you hear her plea?
Can't you hear my plea?!
But no, you're still deaf, and now blind too.
You cannot seem to hear the message,
Hidden behind my words.
So I gathered everyone here,
To brake down all the walls, shatter things.
But these reactions I've gotten...
Show me that my plea will never be heard
That you wouldn't even understand,
If I told you why I needed you.
So I walk away from the mess I've created of things,
I'll turn my back on what I thought was once so right,
Walk away from the things that I can't handle,
Because you've brought me down for too long now
You all have, intentionally or not
So,I'm leaving this tea party behind,
And the last taste of me you'll get
Is one of rudeness and destruction, cruelty and desperation.
This is the end I tell you, over and over again
But this world is full of lies,
So no one will ever believe me;
I don't even believe myself
My voice, my plea...
I cannot hear it, I cannot feel it,
I can't see.
Not any longer...





© 2010 NightsShade


Author's Note

NightsShade
Point out anything you don't like. :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very insightful narrative poem. I like the way you embody fame and money into a cute little tea party that has always contained a rather childlike connotation in my head. Even so, I don't find it quite so poetic. I find the words too simple and the line cut too trivial for a poem. But then again, perhaps the simplicity of its writing style against the superficiality it battles make it real ironic.

Keep Writing. ^___^

Posted 13 Years Ago


I thought that this was a good message within in it. I liked it thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the way that you use a Tea Party to talk about the more important, underlying problem interacting with some people. I like the way that you take responsibility for your actions, which were performed to give them one last chance to respond and realize your need for them to really care. Very small children are very good at this way of getting the attention that they crave; maybe, we should use the method a bit more as adults, as well!

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow...this was intense. I could seriously feel my heart sink, I felt the anger right along with your words, and the emotion was brilliant. Unreal. Sarah, if this is true, if this is how you feel with your group of friends...I'm so sorry...I don't really know how to comment on the personal aspect of this, since I actually know you personally. I know I'm not making much sense, but to end this odd review of mine, let me just say that excluding and pushing your friends away isn't going to make them ever see the true you, like you hope they will. For them to ever realize how they hurt you, you need to gain trust. Then again, it's hard to do if you live in a circle of liars...either way, I really liked this because the emotion was very clear and profound. Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was a very exciting poem. Personally for me I was a little sad that you were talking about the bad parts of tea parties, because I remember I used to have tea parties with an old friend and it all worked out perfectly and it was one of the funnest times in my childhood. But I also liked that you talked about the bad parts because when you get to the end of this poem, it's not about the tea party.
Perhaps those tea party friends just aren't the right friends for you? The ending I have mixed feelings for. It's a little..hard on the character? I think it would have ended a little better had she realized the trueness and reality of the people she was hanging with, and that it's time for new. But, all poetry is different, all stories are different, most are sad, most are happy. But I liked this poem BECAUSE it gave me mixed feelings. I always felt like to have a good poem, you shouldn't always feel comfortable with it. I don't know why, but that's how it's always been for me. So great work(: You have amazing poetry talent.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 17, 2010
Last Updated on April 18, 2010
Previous Versions

Author

NightsShade
NightsShade

Secrets,..., WI



About
I'm a simple person, with simple thoughts and ideas. Don't mind my simple mindedness too much. Note: I give honest reviews, not pointless fluff. Don't feel as if I'm taking a stab at your charact.. more..

Writing