The Accused and The Dead

The Accused and The Dead

A Chapter by RaynesMelody

Lewis

I gaped soundlessly at the blood. Why was there so much of it? My head felt woozy as I watched the strange man plunge his knife into the girl’s neck. The girl stopped screaming instantly. My stomach turned as I watched the man dab his fingers into the blood and onto the wall. He giggled manically as he did this, muttering to himself all the while.

I had to get out of here, who knew what he would do to me if he noticed me. I began to edge around the gory scene towards the entrance of the alleyway. My foot hit a stone and I froze. The man cackled as he continued his mad art form. I relaxed and continued. My boots clanged on a loose manhole. The man’s back stiffened. I bit my lip then opened my mouth, ready to scream for help. He turned around.

He glared at me and I gulped. All I could see of him was one red rimmed eye and a blood covered hand; the rest of him was in shadow. He wasn’t smiling anymore. His face seemed determined as he advanced towards me. Say something, my mind willed frantically.

“W-why?” I stuttered. Amazingly the man stopped. He gazed at me with absent minded eyes and smiled slowly. The effect was more sinister than reassuring. I squeezed my eyes shut. Oh god, I’m going to die I thought. I clenched my fists, praying that he would finish me of quickly. I flinched as something wet and sticky touched my face. The man screeched hysterically in my ear, deafening me. A clatter and then...silence.

Nervously I peeked out of one eye.

Nothing.

He was gone. Only a dead girl, a knife and I pool of slowly drying blood proved that I hadn’t imagined it. I breathed a sigh of relief and began to turn away. Hopefully someone else will find it all. I caught a glimpse of myself in the blade of the knife and moaned softly. Picking it up, I could see the dishevelled reflection of myself on the metal. The madman had wiped blood down my cheek and, I fumed silently, in my hair! I looked horrendous.

The wailing of a siren pierced the air.
“Crap!” I cursed my bad luck. A police car lit up the dim alley and two men got out. I gasped. One of them was holding a gun.
“Put your hands up and step away from the body.” My eyes bugged, was he talking to me?
“Drop the weapon where I can see it and put your hands on your head.” I cringed as I realised that I was still holding the bloody knife. I flung it to the ground with disgust.

“I know this looks bad, but you have to believe me when I say that I didn’t-” I began only to be cut off by the policeman.
“Put your hands up or we will be forced to detain you.” I almost choked.
“B-but I didn’t do it.” I whispered, willing them to hear me. They ignored me.

I sensed rather than heard the click of the safety catch coming of the gun. They were going to shoot me! I began to tremble.
“Don’t move,” the other policeman instructed, “or I will be forced to shoot.”

So I did what any human being would do in my situation.

I ran.



© 2010 RaynesMelody


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Running is the answer when you have a dead end place to go. A very fast pace chapter. Thank you for sharing the story. I hope to read more. Please sent read request. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 17, 2010
Last Updated on September 17, 2010


Author

RaynesMelody
RaynesMelody

United Kingdom



About
"If it were not for hopes, the heart would break." I'm not one for spoken words... but when written, or sung... I can never seem to shut up. more..

Writing