Callie Inside

Callie Inside

A Story by Nikki
"

Callie is trapped, she ran away on her 14th birthday. Now 6 years later she cant find any human life and she seems to be alone, find out how callie is trapped... ( this has good reviews on other sites)

"

 

Callie inside

 

My feet took me far away. A smile crept across my face and then vanished. My long hair was waving on the wind as my speed increased. Being alone is what I wanted at the moment. Not far into the future I would realize that this wasn’t a good wish at all.

 

Today in Callie’s life. I ran down the road at top speed, coming closer to my destination. Ms ally’s house. Only she hadn’t lived there in 5 years. I ran in the front door, which wasn’t locked. I scrambled around in the kitchen to find food. Finding food was harder then it seemed. I grasped a can of coke. I opened it and sipped on it, still wondering when I would find my next meal. this was the first thing I had in 2 days.

Finding food was my first task. Then running, six years ago I ran away, I ran away from my family my friends away from my home, I ran away from every thing. I didn’t have a reason, I just had to. My life seemed hopeless back then, now it was worse. It was everything I had hoped to have. I hoped to be alone.

I hadn’t seen a human in 6 years. Were was I anyway? I had so many questions, that I couldn’t answer

I ran away and then I couldn’t find anyone. Not a mailman not a friendly old lady, nothing. I wish to see another human. I was trapped basically. I sat down on the familiar ratty old couch. I had ran in circulars it seemed.

I wondered which way to run next. Left, right? I couldn’t decide. They all seemed to take me no were.

I kept thinking about the day I left. Then shortly after I didn’t see any people. It made no sense.

This was no longer what I wanted. I wanted to see humans again. What happened?

I finished my coke and threw the can at the sink and ran out the door. My day of running began.

At first the wind burned my throat then the sensation left me. Running was a daily basic thing, for me. Not that it bothered me to run, I just never had enough food to keep my energy levels up. And clothes were a problem too. I never could find the right place to get clothes, that’s one of my reasons to run.

I have to run to get some were different. Some were to stay, some were safe. Being alone in my thoughts was awful, you tell yourself the same things over and over. Some times you reach the edge of insanity. You ask your self unanswered questions and think things over. You tell your self things that you know are not true. Like you will find a person. Then when you break into stores you feel guilty, empty

 

 

I decided to run right, I still wasn’t sure if I was running in a circle or not. I had been to ms. Ally’s house before I ran away. She was that nice old lady that offered cookies and milk. I don’t even know how old I am. I just know its been 5 or 6 years. I ran away on my 14th birthday. The 18th of October, I think. I’d say its about September now. I pushed my legs faster. The one time I ran so fast I fell I injured my leg, badly. I kept wondering how old I was. 19? 20? Hmmm. Some were in that range. Maybe I would find a calendar. The sun was beating down on my face. Maybe sunglasses, if I could find some might be a good idea.

I stopped , my heart racing. I needed water badly. My throat felt swollen. I wheezed in a breath of air. I needed to stop running, for now. I wobbled uneasily over to a house. I walked up the front steps, I twisted the knob on the door. Oh, great. It is locked. I reached to the back of my hair and searched for my bobby pin. Oh, no! It wasn’t there. I tried the next thing that worked. I balled up my fist an hurled it through the glass. It shattered and dropped to the ground. My cuts on my hand were evidence that this wasn’t my first break in, like that. Blood dripped out of the gashes. I reached up to my sleeve on my grey long sleeved shirt, and ripped it off. I tied it around my hand, the pain subsided, but the gash stung. I unlocked the door and walked in.

I needed water. I walked up stairs to were I guessed the kitchen was, I hated having to guess were stuff was.

I walked over to what looked like an old fridge, I opened it and looked around it the almost empty space.

I found water in a jug in the freezer. Why in the freezer ? This was just so confusing, everything in my life right now was confusing. I wanted to understand, but I just couldn’t. I picked up the pitcher of water and walked over to a bed room. I placed the frozen water under the covers standing up right.

I sat on the bed, the springs whined to the new weight. My hand was still oozing blood, from the gashes. I took a closer look at my cuts, they were deep, really deep. I walked over to the bathroom and opened what looked like a medicine cabinet , I searched for a needle and thread. Thread was on the bottom shelf, as well as the needle. I walked back to the bed room, I was extremely worried about the task I was about to perform. My teeth clamped down on my tongue , leaving a small remain of blood. I pushed the needle into my skin and out the other side of the gash. A small drop of blood formed were the thread was. The stinging subsided as I finished. Now with my cuts sealed I could get back to the matter at hand. I picked up the jug of water and walked over to the kitchen, I was about ready to give up when I hadn’t even started.

My eyes grew heavy and made me want to sleep. I wandered back into the bedroom, and opened the closet. A pair of pyjamas were sitting in the bottom, it was like they knew I was looking for them. I stroked the soft fabric with my stitched hand. I slid my jeans and shirt off, pulling the pyjamas on. I walked over to the bed and crawled under the sheets, at last I was asleep. I awoke some time around midnight . I had energy, I was ready to run. Feeling an adrenaline rush , I grabbed my jeans and shirt and kicked through the window in a run, it shattered with the pressure and let me fall, gently to the soft earth. My bare feet against the ground felt good. I was still in my pyjamas. I didn’t care. I clenched my jaw, then flexed it, testing the muscles.

 

A smallish brown object ran in front of me, I paused. What was that?, not human, of course. A deer it seemed like. I smiled, my next meal. I ran forward with all of my speed, it stayed there shocked. I leaped on its back, it made a high pitch squawk. I gleamed with pride, as the animal hit the ground. My knees dug into his chest, making his breathing more difficult. Yes, I felt bad but my hunger would be satisfied. Finally the animal gave up, his breathing stopped, the animal was dead. I took him by his antler and dragged him over to the side of the road. I felt on the back of my arm, the leather strap was still holding my knife. I wiggled the strap, letting the knife drop to the ground. My hand grasped the knife in a way that would be easy to skin him.

I slid the knife under his skin ripping it up so that blood oozed out. It was okay, it didn’t bother me much, I hated the smell of dead animal though. I skinned the deer, and then removed what I knew was meat. The rest of the un skinned animal I dragged into a bush, to find use for later. I picked up the meat and headed toward a yard. I entered the yard and set the meat down, I prepared a spot for a fire and started it.

 

I settled the meat on a log, and crouched over my fire. The meat turned a crisp red-brown. It smelled good. I picked up the piece of meat and put it on the grass, my knife was back under my leather strap, I took it out and cut a chunk of meat away, I stabbed the meat and brought it up to my mouth, I felt bad for that deer, I made him suffer to death. I dropped the meat and knife and started a prayer.

Dear god, thanks for this food. Without it I would starve. I am sorry to have made that poor buck suffer, amen. I finished my prayer and bit into the luscious meat. The flavour and texture complimented each other, it tasted as good as I had remembered, no it tasted better. I couldn’t finish the whole piece of meat, I needed breakfast in the morning. I wrapped the piece of meat in my pyjama shirt after I changed. It was awkward to have only one sleeve on one arm.

© 2009 Nikki


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I hope you will enjoy this :D

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
1 Review
Added on November 27, 2009
Last Updated on November 27, 2009

Author

Nikki
Nikki

About
I love to write, I hope you dont jump to conclusions becasue of my age, that im a terrible writer. I hope to publish a book one day and I love to read. more..

Writing
Crimson secrets Crimson secrets

A Story by Nikki


Walls Walls

A Poem by Nikki


I would I would

A Poem by Nikki