By Sunset

By Sunset

A Story by Monachopsis
"

A story about waiting.

"

BY SUNSET

The sky was set afire. Another day had passed by. Everyone was preparing for the night. All were going home. She was already at home, waiting for him to be back. She kept on pacing and praying for his return. The sun sank and the varied hues of darkness crept in.


She saw him- the smiling mustached face, the deep brown eyes, the crooked nose, the large hands, the “poor joke” grin; she felt the perpetual smell of cigarettes emanating from him, his warmth, and his ever changing mood. She remembered him sitting there on the chair forever engrossed in his laptop even on holidays, paying no heed to her constant complaints. She heard herself quarreling with him over small things. She then went back to the fateful day when he had left in a huff. She asked him that when will he return? His reply was “By sunset.”


She wiped her tears and waited for another sunset, hoping that sunset to be his “sunset”.

© 2017 Monachopsis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on August 18, 2017
Last Updated on August 18, 2017

Author

Monachopsis
Monachopsis

Delhi, Delhi, India



About
Was a dreamer. An epidemic struck and they died a miserable death. Now trying to be a realist. Let's see how this one goes. Cheerio! more..