Where The Quiet Wind

Where The Quiet Wind

A Poem by Nipplegrinder

Where the quiet wind rests
In respite
Quenched
Where the quiet wind traverse
Blessing
Where the quiet wind
In dreams
Deepest rest upon
Clouds of luxuriant textures
Where the quiet wind watches
Gales and whirlwinds
Maelstrom
Where the quiet wind blows
Sated lovers whisper words of cherish
Into the resounding night

© 2018 Nipplegrinder


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautifully written. The quite wind rest. Gives me a sense of serenity. Gentleness and serenity, lovers whispering amid the maelstrom. Is it the passion rising seep within the sated lovers that causes the the gales and whirlwind to rise? Is it the peace their love produces that causes the wind to whisper?



Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nipplegrinder

5 Years Ago

I'm so jazzed you get this.



Reviews

This one is outstanding!! Just BEAUTIFUL!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Nipplegrinder

5 Years Ago

Thank you, my friend. Hope all is well for you.
Into the storm comes the quiet. Now, me being me, I stumble upon traverse as I want to say traverses, however I do realise people take poetic licence to match syllable count and form.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Nipplegrinder

5 Years Ago

I quite like it. And it was poetic license that I took.
Dear Nipplegrinder (lol, how am I supposed to remain serious each time I read or write your nickname?!) here it comes the WIND! Yes, that's how you are supposed to write a poem about passion and lust, how to talk about 'hot stuff', but with a high level of poetry and artistic Language.
What I like most of the poem is the use of the metaphore of the weather (wind, gale, storm etc.) as a transfer for humans experiencing passion. Indeed that is the effect of lust and love: everything around becomes an object of passion, when the fire of lust burns. In this case the passion you describe is so intense that the moans and shouts of the lovers turn into stormy weather. You also use the technique of repetition, which (I must confess) I don't like most but that works fine, since it highlighs the power of emotions. I like the way everything chills down in the end: from storm and gale to a small whisper. I'd say: post-orgasmic chill (quoting a Skunk Anansie's album).
Great poem

Posted 5 Years Ago


Nipplegrinder

5 Years Ago

I truly appreciate such a kind and thoughtful review! Thank you!
Beautifully written. The quite wind rest. Gives me a sense of serenity. Gentleness and serenity, lovers whispering amid the maelstrom. Is it the passion rising seep within the sated lovers that causes the the gales and whirlwind to rise? Is it the peace their love produces that causes the wind to whisper?



Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nipplegrinder

5 Years Ago

I'm so jazzed you get this.
That mutative dream state one craves and fears, well done, good read.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, if a poem like that don't calm your nerves a Valium would be a waste of time. Meditative, rather prayerful, this one reminded me of half a dozen psalms I heard before being expelled from Sunday School.
My favorite poet is King David, although it is probably the Elizabethan English translations that do the job.
Very good work and thanks for posting this.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Nipplegrinder

6 Years Ago

Thanks for your glowing review, Coop. I truly appreciate the kind words.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

939 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 27, 2018
Last Updated on March 27, 2018

Author

Nipplegrinder
Nipplegrinder

St. Louis , MO



About
50 year old Gentleman. I write a lot about love. And I write about BDSM. I love to write erotic poems. But, I like to think I do it in a tasteful way. I like to read and review the works of the many.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Red Shoes Red Shoes

A Chapter by Ana Papaya