Chapter Two - Houston We Have a Problem

Chapter Two - Houston We Have a Problem

A Chapter by Nix

 

 
Chapter Two
 
 
I found myself in the bar on a familiar stool where the bar tender filled my glass on request and placed a fresh olive on a cocktail stick inside it. I had already had three glasses and this was my forth. The olive tasted different now that the liquor laced my tongue and my taste buds.
 
Sucking on the olive and not tasting its salty hit was not my real problem right now, nor was the jazz player in his electric blue suit with the sequins on the collar. The same guy who I’d met in the elevator earlier that evening. Nope, my problem, though I could not decide between the two lay in Susan and my husband.
 
I took a quick glimpse around the room and sighed, Susan was supposed to be here an hour ago. I quickly downed the martini in one shot feeling the heat burn the back of my throat as it went down.
 
“Another?” the bar tender asked flaring the bottle from one hand to the other and I pushed the glass toward him.
 
“Me first, I think seeing as I have some catching up to do!” Susan smiled at the bar tender and sat on the stool beside me.
 
I stared blankly at her; she looked amazing in that little blue dress. The bar tender pored a gin and tonic and set it before her on the bar. She nodded her thanks and took the stirrer between her teeth only to suck on it playfully.
 
I didn’t look, though tempted and in failing my attention she nudged me with her elbow “Come with me, I have to show you something!” she said now standing up and placing the stirrer in her drink which was now in her hand.
 
I looked over and pretended to think about it, my false pretence doing neither of us any favours.
 
“Ok, look…” she began “I’m sorry I am late, I do have a good reason” she waited for my response and I sighed with a hint of sarcasm. She took my hand putting me on my feet “Let me show you?” she said pulling me into the same direction she was now walking.
 
“Where are we going?” I asked, suddenly excited.
 
She turned and I bumped into her making us both stammer and laugh “Shh!” she placed her index finger on her lips and then to mine "You'll see."
 
Hands entwined she pulled me all the way over to the other side of the bar where Charlie, the geeky guy from reception stood next to a black grand piano.
 
“Thanks, Charlie.” Susan said winking at him before bracing herself on the piano stool.
 
Charlie seemed rather pleased with himself. I smirked, he knew too much and the price would be heavy if my husband called the reception desk.
 
“Come closer” Susan urged me with a wave and I did till standing beside her. “Do you have a request?” she asked me in a silky voice, like the piano changed her temperament the moment she'd sat in front of it.
 
“Only one…” I raised my brow. She knew to well what that request was and it had nothing what so ever to do with music!
 
Her long fingers made it look easy as she began, her eyes closed and only opened  to smile at me.
 
This is how our evening began, with a grand piano and a saxophone provided by the man in the blue suit who I found out to be Dalloway Davies the forth member of the hotels regular four piece jazz band. The evening took my mind off of everything troubling me until the moment Susan and I took the lift…
 
“Oh my god, I can’t believe you are wearing Charlie’s badge!”
 
Susan pressed the button to the 9th floor and polished the badge above her breast with her thumb “I think the name Charlie is sexy for girl” she said huskily as the doors closed behind her and wasted no time to kiss me.
 
“Maybe if I wasn’t reminded of… Charlie, yeah” I breathed my reply after the simple kiss.
 
Susan pushed against me “I will change…” her mouth took mine “…that for you!” she finished.
 
“TING!” the doors opened at the first floor and Susan pulled back away from me just in case, but nobody entered and so the doors closed.
 
She quickly fell back into me and we kissed this time with heated excitement. Her lips sucked my open flesh and her finger tips acclaimed victory as her hand sprouted under my top.
 
“TING!” The doors opened.
 
“Susan?”
 
I heard a proverbial voice and instantly looked over Susan’s shoulder to see my husband standing outside the lift on the ground floor with a draw dropping gawp.
 
Susan and I froze with her hand still up my top.
 
“Should we use the other lift?” Charlie said with a charismatic smile.
 
“I don’t know is that one just as shitting unreliable as this one?” Susan said kicking her heel and whacking the buttons so the doors closed us both inside.
 
“Houston, we have a problem!” she said looking at me.

 



© 2009 Nix


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
Added on April 5, 2009
Last Updated on April 5, 2009


Author

Nix
Nix

100% British!, United Kingdom



About
Hi, my names Nic, better known as Nixie on the popular writing site called Booksie. I've been using the site for a while now and decided to venture out a bit. I'm planning on posting the best of my ol.. more..

Writing
Without her Without her

A Poem by Nix


My Heart My Heart

A Poem by Nix


My City My City

A Poem by Nix