Chapter Four - Destination Houston

Chapter Four - Destination Houston

A Chapter by Nix

 

 
Chapter Four
 
I was glad to of packed for Houston this morning, since I was at work most of the day delegating and making a list of thing's for my colleagues to do while I was away. Most of my colleagues didn’t ask about the weekly trips, as far as they were concerned I was having a meeting with an important client. My first class ticket to my destination was therefore on the company.
 
I sat in my seat and tucked my first class ticket into my bag. The good thing about first class is the space, but apart from being able to stretch my legs it was all the same to me. I could not stomach any food for thinking of the days ahead with Beth and how perfect it was going to be.
 
Beth and I had spent every minute together since I employed her 4 months ago as my personal assistant. I gave her, her own office which sat directly next to mine with a second entrance linking us together so that she could enter without knocking.
 
It all began when Beth caught me looking through the door at her, and that wasn’t to be the last time. I did it so often that she almost expected it and she’d always smile back. Often Beth and I would have small meetings just the two of us. We’d talk about anything and everything and only talk about work if interrupted or over heard.
 
The flight went by quickly and soon enough my taxi pulled up along side the same hotel as last week and I smiled at it, it was my sanctuary! I pulled on the handle of my hand luggage lifting it up out of the boot of the cab and placed it over my shoulder. I handed the cab driver a twenty dollar bill, telling him to keep the change as I moved toward the entrance.
 
Inside nothing had changed. The decor was simple apart from the highly hung diamante lights which seemed to cater for no light what so ever. Still, the lights lined against the walls did the job enough for no one to notice.
 
“Hi Charlie” I offered the receptionist a wink as I approached him. He seemed surprised to know I knew his name, or maybe that was the wink? Either way I decided not to let on that I read his name from the badge on his shirt. “I have a room booked in the name of Susan Trender” I said pulling out the booking details whilst straining to hold my bag.
 
“Sure, I believe your partner is already up there…” I raised my eyebrow at the word partner which he noticed and suddenly corrected himself “Work partner.”
 
“Nope, you were right the first time.” I took my key from him with a smirk and winked again as I walked away. Charlie smiled like a kid in a candy store reminding me that I really should stop winking at everyone - it can be misleading.
 
Taking the elevator to the 9th floor was more trying than it should be but whilst the lift took its time I took the opportunity to unbutton the top of my shirt, release my hair from its clip and re-apply my lipstick.
 
I stood for a moment outside the door of room 725 and re-adjusted my bag on my shoulder before pushing the door open. As I stepped inside I saw Beth sat on the end of the bed.
 
“Hi there!” I said enthusiastically and bent over dropping my bag next to hers. I noticed her eye’s on me as I leaned over and I stalled, enjoying the attention too much.
 
“Hi, how was your trip?” she stood and walked toward me.
 
I replied briefly complaining about how hard reaching the 9th floor was whilst rubbing my shoulder from where the shoulder bag strap had been, but I was momentarily distracted by her outfit; a dark green top and a chunky necklace that fell between her breasts. I paused biting my lip looking her up and down… “But worth it of course!” I finished.
 
After some initial teasing I couldn’t stay away and moved toward the bed where I climbed on top of her. Lips and thighs naturally coming together I tasted her skin along her jaw line and down her neck while my hands whispered along her arms toward her hands.
 
Our bodies engaged, every touch perfect until...
 
“I’m married!” she said, her voice a whisper but weighted.
 
I released her enough to look into her eyes. Married? I considered this for a second; Beth has never mentioned it, or him, why has she never mentioned him before? I didn’t have time to weigh everything up. Looking at the fear in her eyes and feeling her shaking hands I couldn't let go of her now, despite feeling betrayed. “Tell me later” I told her and reached up to kiss her more devotedly than before.
 
A few hours later Beth decided to take a shower before we were going out for the evening. I took the opportunity to stay in bed a little longer and think about Beth‘s confession. We hadn’t talked about it yet. That’s when her phone rang.
 
I looked over to her bag and made the quick decision to answer it. I did take some caution but there was no name to the number so I proceeded.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hello, Beth?” A man spoke. I didn’t recognise his voice but I didn‘t want to assume it was him - her husband.
 
“No, sorry Beth’s occupied with a client at the moment, can I take a message?”
 
“Susan, is that you?” he asked with a muffled voice. I guessed he was smocking a cigarette as I heard him draw it in and exhale.
 
“Err, sorry, who is this?” I ask a little anxious.
 
“It’s Beth’s husband Michael” he said, his voice heavier than before. “I was right wasn‘t I, this is Susan?"
 
“Yes, it’s Susan.” I said unenthusiastically.
 
“Finally, I get to speak to the amazing Susan! Beth talks a about you all the time.”
 
I put the cell to me chest to gather myself. A few seconds passed before I placed the receiver back to my ear and closed my eyes reluctant to speak.
 
“…You know, I’ve never seen her so happy!” Michael finished, he'd been talking the whole time.
 
“Really? She talks about you too” i told him, of course I lied.
 
He laughed and took another puff of his cigarette “Well, all good I hope?”
 
I heard the shower turn off in the bathroom and decided to make it quick. “Michael, sorry I have to go I will get Beth to call you as soon as she can, Ok?”
 
I could hear him sighing but I didn‘t have time to speak as the door to the bathroom clicked open. I hung up and literally threw the cell back into the bag where I found it.
 
“Hey, you’re up. Good!” she stepped out in a white towel, the steam escaping behind her.
 
“Yeah…” I began, my mind still on Michael, and the sudden guilt creeping over me. But as I stepped toward her slowing I thought of an idea, a solution that might just cure me. I smiled “I wasn't expecting you to be so quick, I was about to join you” I perked up.
 
“Oh, well in that case.” She said, and just like that Beth’s towel slipped to the floor.
 
My jaw dropped. I paused making her question me with a frown. I shock off the last glitch of guilt, “Ok!” I nodded and lifted her up and her legs wrapped around me as we headed toward the bathroom.

 



© 2009 Nix


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
Added on April 5, 2009
Last Updated on April 5, 2009


Author

Nix
Nix

100% British!, United Kingdom



About
Hi, my names Nic, better known as Nixie on the popular writing site called Booksie. I've been using the site for a while now and decided to venture out a bit. I'm planning on posting the best of my ol.. more..

Writing
Without her Without her

A Poem by Nix


My Heart My Heart

A Poem by Nix


My City My City

A Poem by Nix