Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Mackenzie La Salle

Dear Citizen,


Under threat of nuclear war circulating around the country, we are hereby initiating our plans to evacuate the population into their assigned fallout shelters. You have a period of one week to pack up your most necessary and personal items to bring with you to your assigned shelter. The week in question takes place between January 10th and January 17th of the current year. We trust this will be enough time to put your affairs in order and be in your assigned quarters by no later than 8 pm of the final day, after-which the shelters will be locked down and remain so permanently.


Each shelter has a fully stocked warehouse, a fully stocked hospital, Water filtration system, power generator, sleeping quarters, security, and enough necessities to support an ever growing community. Attached is a booklet of information regarding your assigned shelter.


We ask that you follow these guidelines during evacuation:


  1. No Furniture of any kind will be permitted in the Shelters. The shelters are fully stocked with any furniture that may be needed.

  2. No pets are to be brought into the shelter.

  3. No more than three pieces of luggage are to be brought with each person admitted into the vault. If you are the parent of a child under 10 years of age, you are allowed two additional pieces of luggage per child.

  4. No drugs without proper prescription are allowed in the shelter. If you have a prescription, your information is already documented in the shelter's hospital database so refills will not be a problem.

  5. No alcohol is to be brought into the shelter.

  6. In order to be permitted into your assigned shelter you will need this letter with you.



Your complete cooperation during evacuation is mandatory.




The United States Department of Defense



© 2017 Mackenzie La Salle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on October 12, 2017
Last Updated on October 12, 2017
Tags: War, Fallout, Apocalypse, Nuclear, Fiction