The UFO And The Boy Who Skipped Along

The UFO And The Boy Who Skipped Along

A Story by Noiz

On a vivid August morning, with the sun bleeding its beams and costumed entertainers being pictured with bystanders, a plucky, young boy, no older than seven, was skipping along a sidewalk of Fremont Street wearing blue overalls and a red propeller cap. His bubbly disposition and soaring senselessness was irrelevant to the hustling movements of cars and the bets of dollars from tense hands wielding cards. A delicate breeze was in the air and scents of spicy hot dogs, sprinkled with lines of relish and mustard, battled the busy sights of the city’s first movie theater, Buffalo Bill’s train car, and the world’s largest pint glass. The boy could only dabble in the brief sweetness of his rainbow lollipop, obtained at the Sweet Spot Candy Shop from a bald, lanky gentleman with a slight lisp. The lollipop had reached its end. Only a boring, white stick remained and the boy thought to rid the world of it. Travelling forth without a clear destination, past a space-themed kiddie ride begging for two coins and underneath an awning for a footwear store, the boy spotted a cherry red 1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT parked right in front of the restaurant Flippin’ Good Burgers and Shakes. Gripped in awe by its shiny exterior, the boy approached the spectacular car. Only inches away from the grand vehicle, he extended his tiny arms in an attempt to touch the smooth, auburn steering wheel. Just before his hands could touch the car, a harsh humming sound pierced through the air and dived into the boy’s ears. He covered his ears and slammed his eyelids shut almost immediately as the humming rose louder and grew wilder, then drifted lower and softer until fleeing altogether. Upon opening his eyes, the boy spotted a large, oval-shaped saucer hovering above the roof of the burger house. He became frozen. No shrieks could escape him as his eyes moved left and right to search for another person. To his surprise, Fremont Street was vacant and lifeless. He gazed again at the floating monstrosity, still as frozen as himself. After minutes of intense waiting for the saucer to harm him, the boy finally regained the strength to move. With determination in his little eyes, the boy sprinted away from the saucer. Sweat and tears dribbled down his cheeks. He didn’t dare to glance behind, fearing that the saucer was only inches away. He exited Fremont Street and continued to run until he reached his house in Centennial Hills. The boy burst through the front door and slammed it shut; exhausted and shaken, he spotted his father reading a tabloid in his green chair. He quickly approached his father and told him of the harrowing sight he had witnessed. How out of the blue, a gigantic saucer appeared in the sky and caused him to freeze. After two minutes of rambling, the boy’s father lowered his tabloid to view his son. His father was a quiet man, usually dressed in a black office suit and sunglasses. He knelt down to his son’s level and placed his hands upon his shoulders. He picked him up, carried him down to the basement, and locked the door. All without uttering a single syllable. The boy let out a gentle cry of confusion as his father grabbed his black fedora and walked out of the house to his 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria. He started his car and drove from Centennial Hills to Fremont Street. As he traveled down Fremont Street, he gazed at the many costumed entertainers and extraordinary sights that have caused him to grin for years, making this famous street his favorite place to be. He parked his Ford next to a gorgeous 1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT just outside of the restaurant known as Flippin’ Good Burgers and Shakes. He exited his car and made his way inside. Immediately, he walked to the restroom. The restaurant was packed with customers, but he paid no mind to a single face, including the courteous employees. Inside the restroom, a man wearing a similar black office suit, fedora, and sunglasses was standing next to a lone urinal. They said nothing to each other. The father pressed a small button on the urinals’ metal handle, causing a sizable door to open in the tiled wall of the restroom. The two men journeyed through the mysterious doorway, knowing the full scope of the work they would have to do for years to come.         

© 2016 Noiz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like how you touched on all the senses in this story. I'm a huge fan of sci-fi, and this was great!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Noiz

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the feedback!
This is a banquet of visuals.
I laughed at the thought of 'The world's Largest Pint glass'.
It would make a great beginning of a Twilight Zone episode.


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Noiz

7 Years Ago

I was actually inspired by old TV shows like X-Files and Twilight Zone. I appreciate the review!
Tony Jordan

7 Years Ago

Welcome Noiz. You conveyed the feel of classic sci-fi well.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 20, 2016
Last Updated on November 25, 2016

Author

Noiz
Noiz

Muskogee, OK



About
A simple person, who wishes to express his ideas and thoughts. My favorite things are literature, art, music, and film. more..

Writing
The Sun's Blood The Sun's Blood

A Poem by Noiz


Nothing Else Nothing Else

A Poem by Noiz