Let me BE...

Let me BE...

A Poem by Nona

Let me not be a product

of your joyful consumption

Let me not be a target

                of your lovely seduction

Let me not be an object

of your deep explorations

Let me not be a moment

                in your happy sensations

Let me not be an item

                in your collection of treasures

Let me not be an orgasm

                in your physical pleasure

Let me not be a butterfly

That you never set free

Let me be just myself, let me be, let me BE

© 2013 Nona


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Important advice. If only everyone could see the true intentions of others.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Impressive ..very impressive! I never read something like this before with such a warm passion with words. I`m pleased, I think, reading this poem. You appeared like a skilled writer but i've figured out that your stuffs are written a year earlier .. you haven't penned since a long while..but what I think is that you should upload your new stuffs, i'd like to write. I can understand, the inspirations never stay with us for long ...it walks away but it comes back either if we close our eyes and remind the past heydays of writings. I've been lost my inspirations many times and stopped writing but when I remind the heydays of writings closing my eyes ...looking to the sky.. I feel to being inspired again and this's what keeps me in a touch of writing.

~ "If you know the way how to live, you better know the way to being inspired in your life to do what you've been believing to since a long."

All the best! I do admire this beautiful well penned poem and I simply like reading your stuffs!
(...And by the way, I give you 100/100 rating for this beautiful write)

Hope to read your new stuffs if any of one you drop in a mean-while!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Nona

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your nice words and support! I take my zero inspiration for poetry very easy, though! .. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Neat, but what truly brings freedom? Connection or independence? Mutual interdependence? We'll have to talk more about this one day.

I agree with you that the idea of possessing another human being is absurd, but in evolution it's a useful construct for mate and offspring investment, I imagine!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nona

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words, interesting observations, and your support! I truly hope to engage in.. read more
Wonderful poem that reflects the feelings of a free person.
Love this powerful and straightforward piece.


Posted 10 Years Ago


this is lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well done!!!!!!!! hats off!!!!!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Hmm...read the poem, saw the tag, began to wonder.

The rhythm of this poem is smooth, precise just like the message you express.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hmmm, I hope this is real for you my dear Nona. It is strong and shows pain. I love your style of writing, wish we'd see more of your writing. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


8 simple statements but profound requests
To plead to be retained in your essence and not let anything else highlight or mar that singularity that is YOU.
A fresh format to the eyes the way your text is almost-symmetrically laid.
The Butterfly on the Dahlia flower marries the pink to the black and fluorescent green of the insect that feasts and flies away..but also keeps the chain of reproduction alive...
The flower I presume is you...
The butterfly; the one spoken to..
and the one being asked to let you just exist by yourself!
Thank you!


Posted 11 Years Ago


Some girls would enjoy that type of treatment. Just saying. I love the way you wrote this. Fabulous.

ps: (whispers to Nona) the second to last "Let" needs it's "t".

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

592 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 16, 2013
Last Updated on October 19, 2013
Tags: love

Author

Nona
Nona

Montreal, Canada



About
Though I see this world in poetic dimensions, I do not think I am a Poet with a capital “P”! I believe I am an artist, but I am not loyal to any particular form or genre of art, I am actu.. more..

Writing
Prison Prison

A Poem by Nona


Connection Connection

A Poem by Nona



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


For life... For life...

A Poem by Nona


Father Father

A Poem by MOON