DIARY OF A HUMAN BEING

DIARY OF A HUMAN BEING

A Story by Noor.92
"

A story from birth till death...

"

STAGE 1:


It is not long that I have been born. I have heard people calling me infant so, I think that is my name. There is a gentle woman who looks after me and there is also a kind looking man who stares at me affectionately. These are my mother and father. Other people, I do not recognize.  My mother feeds me, clothes me, cuddles me,  talks to me, plays with me, sings me lullabies when I am upset and does all my chores. In fact, she dotes on me. Meanwhile my father pick me up in his arms, caresses me, takes me outside to the park, gets anxious when I get hurt and looks after me all the time. His gaze is very warm.



STAGE 2:


I have started going to school. It is actually a big place with lots of kids. I did not want to go but my mom told me that it is must for becoming a respectable man in future. She also told me that I will have more fun there than at home. So I decided to go.


In school, there are my class fellows and my teacher too. Some of my class mates are good while some are bad. Just yesterday, there was a boy who took my pencil because he liked it. I think his mother forgot to tell him that it’s bad to take someone else’s belongings without permission. Well, no issue, I forgave him because my mom said forgiveness is a good act. I have got many teachers in school but I like just one of them all. The reason is she speaks to me in a loving manner and gives me candies whenever I answer her correctly. She also gives beautiful stars on my notebook. I like her a lot.

 

            

STAGE 3:


I am a teenager now studying in high school. It seems to me that I have grown out of my childhood very quickly. My responsibilities have also grown so much with age. Studies have become tougher too. As I have grown, there are certain things that I like where as there are also those aspects which I do not like. What I like is that people now talk to me in a more mature manner. They consider me as a sensible person. My younger siblings also respect me much more as compared to past. What more, I am allowed to run a motorbike now.


What I do not like is that my parents have put so many restrictions on me. It bothers me a lot. I mean, this is my life! They do not have any right to interfere in that as I am not a kid anymore. I am not allowed to spend night out with my friends. I am not allowed to use internet in my room. I am restricted to watch television till late at night. All of this is really frustrating. I seems like my mom and dad do not love me anymore. I really want to get out of this captivity.

 

STAGE 4:


I have already become adult. It seems just yesterday that I joined Montessori school and now I have graduated from a university. In a while, I will be starting my professional career. Time has passed quickly. All my past life is a mixture of good and bad memories. Good memories are those which include both of my parents loving me and taking care of me. Now only one of them is left and I miss my mom so much. She died in an accident year ago. 


Although I used to get annoyed with her when she said something against my wishes, still she was always a source of comfort for me. Whenever I used to feel unhappy, I used to talk to her and she soothed me with her love. I feel incomplete without her. Now that I just have my father left on my side. I care for him much more than before. I do not want to lose him too.

 

STAGE 5:


I have got a job with a handsome salary. It is my first experience in my professional career. I am enjoying this phase of my life. There are meetings and conferences that I have to attend on daily basis. I have to go on international tours too because of my work. There is so much respect for me wherever I go. This all makes me feel an important person. What I have gained so far is just because of the hard work of two important persons in my life. I can never repay you, mom and dad.


Now that, I am settled and well settled, I have decided to get married soon and begin my own family life. My father and friends are also persuading me to get married now because there is no one to take care of me since mom left.

 

 

STAGE 6:

 

I am feeling extra ordinarily happy today! That is because I have got a little baby boy this morning. It is such a wonderful feeling to have a little child whom I could call my own. He is so adorable. I wish him all the success and triumph in his life. I will do my utmost to provide him with all the best conveniences to make his life comfortable just like my parents made mine.

  


STAGE 7:


My son has grown up and become a gentleman now. I feel proud when I look at him. I have done my best to make him successful at every step. I provided him with full financial support to pursue his education. As a result, he has graduated from a prestigious university. I feel honored, that is all.


STAGE 8:


I have grown old now. My bones have become weak and I feel exhausted when I walk even for a little while. My hair has gone all white. Since I have retired from the job, I spend whole day reading books and listening to news on television. There is nothing else to do. Sometime I get bored with my life. Then I entertain myself with my grandchildren. Children are fun to play with. Sometime, when I am sitting alone, past memories start recollecting in my head. I feel like my life was meaningless. I did not do anything inspiring in my whole life. I just arrived and now I am going to leave any day now. I ought to have done something for my fellow beings, for my country, for my world. But then I comfort myself that it is not only me who is like this. I am sure that about 90 % of my fellow human beings have the story of their lives just like mine.  They just play born and die game, nothing else….. 

© 2014 Noor.92


Author's Note

Noor.92
Although it's a bit long but I wish you read & enjoy....
Reviews welcome.....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's wonderful that life in Pakistan is the same as in Belgium. It could been my story (till stage 7) that I've read. Young people or parents are the same in the whole world. It's sort of hopeful to read this things. Sometimes I have the same feeling you talk about in stage 8, but when I look at my life, at my children, my home and my lovely wife, I know I have to be thankful for what I have in my life, not to be sad for those things I don't have. I liked your story very well. Thank you for sharing this with me.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Noor.92

9 Years Ago

Yes you are right..Life is generally the same for all mankind regardless of where they live...
.. read more
Rudi J.P. Lejaeghere

9 Years Ago

My pleasure, Noor. :)
Rudi



Reviews

you have written every stage beautifully.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Noor.92

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind remarks :)
This story is very powerful...the shame, the superficial happiness. A life, but not really. This resonates with me. Great tale! Keep writing you thoughts man!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Noor.92

9 Years Ago

Thankyou for your kind words.. :)
It's wonderful that life in Pakistan is the same as in Belgium. It could been my story (till stage 7) that I've read. Young people or parents are the same in the whole world. It's sort of hopeful to read this things. Sometimes I have the same feeling you talk about in stage 8, but when I look at my life, at my children, my home and my lovely wife, I know I have to be thankful for what I have in my life, not to be sad for those things I don't have. I liked your story very well. Thank you for sharing this with me.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Noor.92

9 Years Ago

Yes you are right..Life is generally the same for all mankind regardless of where they live...
.. read more
Rudi J.P. Lejaeghere

9 Years Ago

My pleasure, Noor. :)
Rudi
its a good trip through a life which you have written remarkably well and its true we cannot all be world changers but at least we will leave a mark in life sometime, somewhere, very well written Noor :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Noor.92

9 Years Ago

Thank you, means a lot for me... :)
R Smith

9 Years Ago

you are very welcome :)
Yes, this trip through life is enjoyable, especially since I'm at stage 8, looking back. I regret I didn't do more with my life, but I'm probably not alone.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Noor.92

9 Years Ago

I wish nobody gets alone in the old age... :-)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

518 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 13, 2014
Last Updated on November 13, 2014
Tags: life, born, die, game, infant, adult, old

Author

Noor.92
Noor.92

Pakistan



About
I am an Environmentalist or one can say, an Environmental Scientist. Writing is just my hobby since childhood. Now when I am free from other chores and in my own world, I yearn to write and put my f.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Good Old Man Good Old Man

A Poem by Noor.92