The Best Cure

The Best Cure

A Story by Noor.92
"

Hope kept her going...

"

Friday Night:

 

Hello there! I am back, same as ever, with a smile on my face and grocery in my hands. You know what, I just love shopping whether it’s grocery items or shoes, clothes, jewelry, bags, makeup. Just drop me at a shopping mall in the morning and you will not be able to get a glimpse of mine till midnight. Obviously I have to go back home at midnight, I am not a shopaholic keep that in mind, okay?


I am back home now but I am feeling a little bit offended today. You know what; I was just walking towards my home when a man said from behind ‘hey old lady, you have dropped your bag behind you’. I mean what the heck! Who is he to call a young blitheful woman like me an old lady! My hair has not even turned completely white yet. I swear if that nasty man wouldn't have taken a turn towards the corner, I would have given him a piece of my mind, and then he must have learnt the difference between young and old, huhh..!


You know what, sometimes I feel a bit odd when I come back home and there is no one to greet me here. The lights are off and there is no breathing soul in the whole house instead of myself. Then I cook my dinner, mostly pasta and sometimes I add a few side dishes which are of my likings like homemade burger, cookies or sandwiches.

At times very rarely, I yearn to share my meal with someone whom I could tell my stories and then we could laugh together for a long time. But what’s the use of whimpering over useless matters. I know everyone is busy in their own lives, my few friends, well, they got married a long time ago and now they have a huge bunch of naughty kids and spoilt husbands to look after. I can’t blame them for not keeping in touch with me.


I have such feelings once a month however I can tell you with 100% surety that I have no regrets from life. I love my life. Being a maiden doesn’t bother me at all. I find myself a free bird who can do what I love, eat what I like, go where I want. Aaaah... this beautiful life of mine!


Saturday Noon:


Hi there, I am just back from my monthly checkup. It is a good practice you know, to be aware of one’s physical condition. Ah, I find myself so blessed whenever I think of those past days when visiting hospital was daily routine for me. Do you want to listen to what exactly happened at that time?


Well, I had a serious car accident while driving along with my fiancé. We were about to be married after approx. fifteen days. After shopping for a whole day, we were coming back home when we became the victim of hit and run accident. I lost my beloved Jack at that time and suffered from lower body paralysis.


Doctors at that time gave me no hope. According to them, I would have to spend my whole life in wheel chair from then onwards. But no, I am not the one who just gives up on life in a timid way. I told my doctors that they will surely see me on my feet once again and enjoying my life like old days. Those people didn’t believe me though; they just had sympathetic eyes for me. Well I set aside those sympathetic feelings and put my utmost effort in reviving myself. With the sincere efforts of my dear physician, I started to try walking with the help of stand in just two months after accident.


At first, even my physician lost hope that I would be able to walk properly once again, but I was different. I knew that I must walk and I will walk. Putting my sheer efforts, I was back on my own two feet in two years. After that, I went to meet all those downhearted doctors who had no hopeful words to say to me. At first, they couldn’t believe that it was that crippled Jenny standing in front of them. Once they took in the reality, they were equally surprised and happy. Each one of them was congratulating me whole heartedly. Yes they were good people, I do not deny that. It’s just that they lacked hope and faith, relying wholly on facts and medicines.


 So that was my story, I hope you enjoyed that. But I did not tell you the most interesting part of this tale. I still can’t keep myself from feeling euphoria whenever it crosses my mind. Let me tell you what it is. On the second visit to my hospital after recovery, I saw something quite enthralling for me. I was surprised really because I was not expecting this much from those monotonous people. Their gesture was touching for me, I admit, and it brought tears in my eyes.


As I entered the orthopedic department, there was a poster hanging on the front wall with a smiling picture of mine and the caption at the top said, “Hope kept her going”.


Yes Sir, it was indeed hope that made me look up to life in those times of distress when my world fell apart, and it is still hope that make me live contentedly in all these years without any one whom I could call my own. After all those years, I still wonder how life would have been if Jack was alive and we were married. Would life have been better, would I have been more happy, more contented. But then I just jerk my head and disperse these thoughts from my mind. I know Jack would have wanted me to live blithefully instead of lamenting over my fate. Clock can’t move backwards, right?


So, enough with all this penning down my tale and off I go to my kitchen and bake some hot chocolate cookies for the cute kids that live in an orphanage in Downtown. Every Saturday, I go to spend time with them and those cute angels just love to see me. Me too, I love to see their happy eyes and smiling faces. Spreading hope and happiness among each other, it must be the motto of our lives. So Goodbye everyone and Kopf hoch!… :) 

 

© 2015 Noor.92


Author's Note

Noor.92
Happy Reading :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That story inspired me but made me sad too. This seems to be someone who is determined to make the most of everything she has but is aware that her life could have offered so much more. I would put more emphasis on her feelings about naughty children and spoiled husbands- no way not for me, kind've idea where you know she protests too much because this is what she really wanted.

Could you please review my work 'The Crash' when you get the chance? I have just added a second chapter and want to see if the transition works. Cheers!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Noor.92

8 Years Ago

Nice review xansizi.. The character which I kept in mind while writing this story was supposed to be.. read more
xansizi

8 Years Ago

In that case you accomplished that. I thought there was an undercurrent of sadness but readers alway.. read more
Noor.92

8 Years Ago

I hope you enjoyed reading. :)
I will surely read your work mentioned above..



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Aya
Lost for words...despite all that accident and grief and pain...still cheerful, still strong, still smiling and with good humor... Loved it...it just proves, how strong woman can be..incredible.. Loved the piece..keep going girl !

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Noor.92

8 Years Ago

Thank you v much. Your acknowledgement means a lot to me..:-)
That story inspired me but made me sad too. This seems to be someone who is determined to make the most of everything she has but is aware that her life could have offered so much more. I would put more emphasis on her feelings about naughty children and spoiled husbands- no way not for me, kind've idea where you know she protests too much because this is what she really wanted.

Could you please review my work 'The Crash' when you get the chance? I have just added a second chapter and want to see if the transition works. Cheers!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Noor.92

8 Years Ago

Nice review xansizi.. The character which I kept in mind while writing this story was supposed to be.. read more
xansizi

8 Years Ago

In that case you accomplished that. I thought there was an undercurrent of sadness but readers alway.. read more
Noor.92

8 Years Ago

I hope you enjoyed reading. :)
I will surely read your work mentioned above..
A story of inspiration , self power and a lot of more words still awaited to come , your story was just amazing :) You have great imagination power :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SSAgnihotri

8 Years Ago

Your welcum , I even want you all to read and review my first story as well.
SSAgnihotri

8 Years Ago

Hope you ' ll provide me with your honest reviews
Noor.92

8 Years Ago

sure. no problem ;)
excellent work Noor, a story that gives us inspiration and hope, how to overcome even the worst kind of heartbreak and injury, bravo :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Noor.92

8 Years Ago

Thank you Richard, I am glad you liked this piece of mine...I wish everyone could heal in the same m.. read more
Very good, Noor, it was a catching story, I don't know if you had a real person in your mind, writing this, but I've got a great respect for people who stand up again after they have fallen down in life. Well done. :) Rudi

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Noor.92

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much Rudi for such appreciation. :) No, it was all out of imagination. I have seen no.. read more
Rudi J.P. Lejaeghere

8 Years Ago

My pleasure, Noor. Have a good day. :) Rudi
very interesting story, it was different in a good way. I would advise giving you character a bit more of a background just so we have a clearly vision of who the character is but other than that good work :) please check out my book The Frontier


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Noor.92

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot. I will surely check out your book :)
Augminished

8 Years Ago

thank you so much

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

515 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 23, 2015
Last Updated on May 23, 2015
Tags: hope, happiness, love

Author

Noor.92
Noor.92

Pakistan



About
I am an Environmentalist or one can say, an Environmental Scientist. Writing is just my hobby since childhood. Now when I am free from other chores and in my own world, I yearn to write and put my f.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Believe Believe

A Poem by Confuser