Together, forever...

Together, forever...

A Story by Norint

There is a fine line between love and hate. When you fall in love, you also fall into the trap of hatred. Love is mysterious, unpredictable…and scary. You will never be able to guess what is awaiting for you at the end of the line…whether it is happiness…or probably…sadness.

I am sitting alone on the floor in a small flat, an average one, not too small or too big. The quiet atmosphere covers the whole flat as the old light bulb, hanging loosely on the roof, is struggling to illuminate its gloomy light on my forlorn self. The floor is splattered with gore, yet I’m not the least bit bothered since what I am focusing on is the lifeless body of a beautiful young lady in front of me. Her long black hair is lying messily on her face, hidden from sight.

I pull a clean handkerchief from my pocket and wipe blood stain from my palm before carefully fold and shove it back into the same pocket. I try to suppress my tear and attentively tidy her hair. Now I can see her face again. Her lovely face, her smooth and fair skin, her big eyes, and her small mouth. She is still perfect even after death. I turn my head to the left and look at her chest. There stands a bloody knife, stabbing deeply into her heart. A drop of tear slips away from the corner of my left eye, rolls down on my cheek, and finally falls on the handle of the knife. The tear mixes together with her blood.

Why? Just why?.....

…………

2 hours ago…

*Knock knock… The sound of the door being knocked doesn't surprise me at all, for I know clearly who the person is. I just called her, and she's here. I amble to the door and open it slowly. There she stands.

She lunges her petite body into my hand and embrace me tightly. I can hear her sobbing voice, soft yet sorrowful. I pat her back to soothe her. I don't say anything, neither comforting words nor apology. I just stand there transfixed like a stone pillar, let her cry on my shoulder. Outside, the sun can no longer be seen.

She stops crying, lifts her head from my shoulder, and takes a step back. There are still a few drops of tea left on her cheek. Her watery eyes are looking straight at me. In her eyes, I can see confusion and anxiety…and also trust...and love for me. I’m happy, happy for having her. Sadly, fate doesn't stay on our side…

“What should I do? I’ve already talked with my parents, but they don't agree. I’ll have to get married soon. I… I don't want to…”, she stammers in a trembling voice.

“Don't worry hun. You can rely on me like always.” I smile, look at her with indescribable love, and pull a handkerchief to clean tear from her cheek gently.

Hearing my words, her eyes become full of hope again. She comes closer and hug me again, this time without crying. I smile and rub her head, with my right hand like a mother soothing her crying baby.

“Don't worry hun. Just believe in me” I whisper into her ear as my left hand falls into my pocket.

At first, she nods, then her body tremble…with pain. She steps back, gives me a questioning look, and looks down at her chest. There, her white shirt was stained with crimson red liquid… It is blood. And in the middle of the blood stain, there is a knife. Only the handle can be seen because the whole knife is already in her heart. She clutch her chest and gasps for breath. She looks at me with her eyes full of pain and doubt. She loses her balance and almost fall down, but I reach to her in time an lay her on the floor.

“Just believe in me. Have faith in me” I smile lovingly and tell her.

There's still a trace of doubt in her eyes, then it tuns to be full of trust and love again. She closes her eyes. She understands.

I just wait there until her breath finally dissipate.

………..

I reach for the knife handle on her chest, pull it out slowly. Warm blood keep oozing out from her wound enlarging the blood stain on her cloth. I point the tip of the knife on my left chest. Mustering all my strength, I impale the knife into my flesh. The knife which was once in her heart is now traveling into mine. Our hearts are linked together with this knife. I don't care about the blood nor the pain. I turn to look at her for the last time. Seeing her face, I feel uncontrollable joy and happiness. I mutter, “we can finally be together, my beloved.” //the end

© 2017 Norint


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on January 13, 2017
Last Updated on January 13, 2017
Tags: Romance, murder

Author

Norint
Norint

About
I really like reading and writing. My favorite is something dark. My favorite author is Stephen King. more..