Childhood

Childhood

A Chapter by Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo

I was unwanted from the day I was born.I know my birth destroyed my parents marriage, my temperament as an infant destroyed my mother's already fragile mental stability. I have always been wrong .First , the wrong gender then  the wrong size ,wrong personality , wrong intelligence, wrong , just wrong . My mother honestly didn 't even try to hide her feelings for me .Beside the beatings there were the words . The words that everyone knows hurt more than anything coming from a mother. Awuthule wena, ukhuluma khakulu simply meaning " Shut up , you talk too much! "  "You fat , disgusting little girl you 're pathetic.Nobody wants to be your friend , because you're annoying.You are so stupid and stop being so weird and maybe the teasing will end . I hate you .I wish you had never been born. At the age of 3 years, my mother left me locked in at the flat we rented out at Hillbrow for three days. I was naked and unfed when the police found me and put me in foster care , eventually I was sent to my grandmother and back to my mother at some point. This is my earliest childhood memory, completely naked , hungry and scared .


© 2014 Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on October 3, 2014
Last Updated on October 3, 2014


Author

Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo
Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo

Piet Retief, South Africa



About
Copyright © █║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌║║ About Ntando..··♡ I am a writer, .. more..

Writing