A Letter To The Lazy Youth

A Letter To The Lazy Youth

A Story by Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo

Good opportunities life throws at the youth is smoked and drank away by the same people. They impregnated with crime, suffering, deceit, denial, disrespect, violence and unending pain. This baby is yet to be born, should we worry?
I cannot help but notice the growing lack of motivation and drive among many of the youngsters in the country.
This is a letter to the lazy youth. You are being provided with free education and lucky to get it. Since you are not taking advantage of this, you don't really deserve it. Your parents, your friends' parents and your neighbors all have to dish out hard-earned money to the government, which in turn has to struggle to find a way to pay for your education, along with all of the other needs of our country. Still, you abuse the system by bunking your exams, not doing your homework, and subjecting your teacher to both verbal abuse and the difficult task of putting up with you.
You obviously aren't going to achieve much with your life when matric is over, considering that few tertiary institutions accept students with grades that are average, so you might as well stop acting like a lazy slob and begin to work at being something. You are being provided with the tools for success but you aren't using them.
It is possible to get 80s on your report card and have fun too. Some of us actually survive the day without once threatening a teacher or abusing other student's rights. There are students with some disabilities who manage good marks, but this is possible only because they try. You are obviously in the position of an upper hand, so why is it you're not doing the same?
It takes just as much effort to hide that report card from your parents as it does to open up your textbook and read the knowledge between the pages. It's better to worry about how you can improve your test marks than to have to worry about how you can alter them to make it appear as though you passed.
There are many children throughout the world who would jump at the chance to receive an education, yet you, the underachiever, go to school at absolutely no personal expense every day. Stop sabotaging the tax system by lounging around all day- and not bringing back textbooks (had to mention that)
Not everyone can become the next Ntokozo Mdluli (KO) or Pretty Yende, the rest of us have to work at getting anywhere in life. We have to find ourselves first before exposing our own selves to society so we can always have something to back us up, and that is YOU.
As a nation we have come a long way, we survived physical slavery, but it seems like mentally we not ready. We were locked up in chains, the same chains we now swag up with. Forced to dig gold and platinum with long faces, now we got gold and platinum on our fingers and as braces. None of this magically happened, skins suffered battle scars and torn souls bled for all this.
Be original, positive and hard working. Start improving your attitude and workmanship before it's too late. Remember "GOD+HARD WORK=SUCCESS" and "Tomorrow was never promised ".
Hard work and dedication takes you a long way, that's all I've got to say.

© 2015 Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4951 Views
Added on May 1, 2015
Last Updated on May 1, 2015

Author

Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo
Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo

Piet Retief, South Africa



About
Copyright © █║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌║║ About Ntando..··♡ I am a writer, .. more..

Writing