Stolen Heart 3

Stolen Heart 3

A Story by Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo
"

Episode 3

"
Maz: Here, take this. It might just give you more understanding and clearance on th situation you currently facing.

(Gives Bheki a medical pamphlet on cancer)

Bheki: (Glances at the pamphlet) You know what. I think I've got to go now.

Maz: We should have a get together with the other boys sometime, its been a while.

Bheki: Ya, a long while. Later man, was really good seeing you again.

(Furiously walks out of the hospital, as soon as he gets outside he takes a couple of deep breaths and walks to the car with a smile)

*As soon as he gets into the car*

Mandisa: You've taken you time.

Bheki: I'm sorry..

Mandisa: Any problems?

Bheki: No, not at all.

Mandisa: Oh okay.

Bheki: How about we go out for a late lunch?

Mandisa: I've just been discharged. I think take-aways will do.

Bheki: Okay, if that's what you opt for.

(Stops at a restaurant for take-aways)

*Minutes later*

(Bheki gets into the car, puts on his seat belt and sighs. He starts the car then turns it off again. Looks straight into Mandisa's eyes for a while)

Bheki: Do you trust me?

(Mandisa says nothing and continues staring into Bheki's eyes. After a while Bheki sighs deeply and starts the car, drives home)

*At Home*

(As soon as Manndisa enters the house, she rushes into the room and prepares to run a long bath for herself. She thinks of Bheki's question, and why he asked such out of the blues. Bheki enters the house, sits down to watch tv, he later realises that the time is already 18:00. He gets up,walks to the bathroom door, gently knocks)

Bheki: Mandisa, you still there?..You taking so long, its already six o'clock. We might as well have supper.

Mandisa: I haven't cooked, I'll be out in a minute.

Bheki: We bought take-aways remember? Are you okay?

Mandisa: Oh, forgive me. That slipped my mind. Yes, I'm okay.

(Bheki walks to the kitchen and heats the take-aways, preparing the food onto dining plates. A while later, Mandisa walks into the living room, sits next to Bheki as he stands up to go get the food. They sit and eat in silence. Mandisa then takes the dishes to the sink, and takes her medication. She comes back into the living room to find Bheki reading the pamphlet.)

Mandisa:(Without noticing the pamphlet) After the accident, I thought you'd walk out on me. I was worried, nervous. I thought about the things I sacrificed to be in business with you apart from other things like finishing my degree. But you didn't walk out on me, you decided to stay. And for that alone, I do trust you. I really trust you.

Bheki: Then what about this? (Hands over the pamphlet to Mandisa) endometrial cancer?..seriously Mandisa. You had your womb removed without my knowledge?..Yet you trust me?

Mandisa: It had to be done, it was short notice for me, but it had to be done.

Bheki: I should have picked up the signs, from the day you said you can't bring more lies into our families, that its not about the two of us anymore and..You were right, our families are part pf this now, whether you like it or not...I just can't believe this,after I thought, we would at some point settle down to start a family. You told me nothing but lies

Mandisa: (Stands up) I told you nothing Bheki (raises her voice) I battled this alone, because I couldn't have you worrying and risking the business going bad. I couldn't..

Bheki: We leaving tomorrow morning, make sure you pack in things for the next 5 days.

Mandisa: But...

© 2015 Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
Added on June 4, 2015
Last Updated on June 4, 2015

Author

Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo
Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo

Piet Retief, South Africa



About
Copyright © █║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌║║ About Ntando..··♡ I am a writer, .. more..

Writing