Branded

Branded

A Poem by Nwang

Roaming across shopping malls,
We look for certified copies

Among countless trinkets of the world
We opt for something branded.

Joys we get while unboxing new model phones
Happiness we derive while wearing fur coats.

Originality scream the leather jackets
Real time tell branded watches.

Ads they tell us what to buy
Cost is overlooked, logos don't lie

Nature itself has become a tag
Today even love is available in branded bags.

© 2016 Nwang


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I've never been one to go for brand-new or branded items . . . just show me the nearest garage or rummage sale! *smile* Even tho your poem isn't overtly critical, I definitely get that your message is one of scorn. Thank goodness there's no cell coverage up here becuz I couldn't afford the fancy phones that keep pumping out new versions! I love your commentary.

Posted 7 Years Ago


It sucks to know that nearly everything is labeled with a price tag. It's like no one is able to afford what simple things they want anymore without spending so much...price tags often drive me so crazy...but I guess that's how the world is going to be from now on...

Posted 7 Years Ago


First of all I want to say that your so much of thinking is clearly displayed here. At first I didn't really understand with your starting lines that what actually you wanted to convey. But when I reached the last, your comparison with nature and brands.. and also love ..
yes u r very right with this... people have grown so idiotic that they have turned this world a big market. Even love is purchased. Everyone focuses on outlook.. well, no one understands that beauty is not eternal... feelings are eternal....
so nice to read you... : )

Posted 7 Years Ago


Nwang

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review :D
Anindita Janhabee

7 Years Ago

My pleasure!!!
I like the sarcastic undertones. Not sure if intentional but its brilliant.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Nwang

7 Years Ago

The undertones are intentional. Our society is too focused on outer looks that the inner capability .. read more
Very good write about today's age of mad consumption and branding.
The way people are after materialism, values and morals coming down is a matter of great concern. Shallow thinking and showcasing have raided the minds of people.We have become mad followers of many branded gods.
Take a bow for the last verse. That is pathetic reality of our society today.
Thank for this very thoughtful write. Keep sharing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Nwang

7 Years Ago

Yes I could not agree with you more. Our society has truly become numb.
Thank you for your ki.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

481 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 13, 2016
Last Updated on October 13, 2016

Author

Nwang
Nwang

kolkata, west bengal, India



About
"When you can't change the world and you don't want to change yourself. The only thing you can do is create a new world." I write to express myself, my views and my opinions. So this is my world. .. more..

Writing
Ties that bind Ties that bind

A Story by Nwang


Boundaries Boundaries

A Poem by Nwang


The Glass barrier The Glass barrier

A Chapter by Nwang



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A lesson A lesson

A Poem by Manu