Not a poem, just some philosophy

Not a poem, just some philosophy

A Poem by ObZen

Why do we always assume humans are the "dominant species?" and more intelligent?

How do we not know a trees"thinking" isn't superior to ours? According to their purpose and make up it actually is for them. It surely doesn't think by our biased definition but it is programmed with something that resulted in it living longer than anything on the planet, and providing essential gases and sustenance for everything else to survive. Why wouldn't they be naturally understood as superior?


Our Self proclaimed dominance is rooted in perception that we withhold the superiority of software we call an intelligent brain. Btw which is extremely impractical and
spends way too much of the time inefficiently.

I believe the very fact we must believe we have to be ranked and separated serves almost no practical purpose but rather is the basis of what encourages all the actions we take that are detrimental to man as a whole and to everything on the planet. We destroy the very source that enables us to live. Which is the only required Objective in life. To live.

How is that intelligent thinking? We associate money with survival and in doing so created diabetes, obesity, physical and mental deformations all because this processed synthetic foods we have been conditioned to.

AND(imbalanced hundreds of ecosystems that inevitably will catch up with us. Convenience prioritized over rationality.) All these unnatural obstructions growing from the ground seem very odd in my mind. We violate and esentially rape the planet.

I will end my argument by acknowledging being a human means I'm just at risk at being convinced by my ego my thinking is "better" or more correct. I acknowledge I could be 100% wrong.

....Being resentful at being human isn't normal, is it?

© 2016 ObZen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

well hell, I think more animals than we imagine are smarter than we.
And they don't have ego, they just survive doing what is needed to be done.
we were either blessed with reason or cursed with it...
as for the trees...I think they are pretty smart, but I often wonder if they are frustrated being unable
to move around....some for hundreds of years always wondering what is just over the next rise.
another good read...
j.

Posted 3 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
GKN
I agree with you! If only we could see that all living things are connected to a higher being and have intelligence ways that we can't comprend. Sadly nature/evolution called for the survival of the fittest and placed us at the top of the food pyramid and the rest is history

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
GKN

7 Years Ago

Or show appreciation for what is given to us.
ObZen

7 Years Ago

Yeah. Count your blessings instead of focusing on your bucket list.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 7, 2016
Last Updated on October 7, 2016

Author

ObZen
ObZen

rockville, MD



About
Everything from "The greatest lie ever told" to "1 1 2 3 5..." was written from age 27-28 I am now 32. I've been told I'm an "interesting" individual, with an often strange mind. I see myself , a.. more..

Writing
Nights Nights

A Poem by ObZen