<i>Aerona's Bethlehem</i>

Aerona's Bethlehem

A Poem by Alskar

Inaugural Star Of Bethlehem. Spun out in lush ebony to gleam with delirium.
For this she will play fancy with Lucifer, moist mouth the Martyr.
With arachnid eyes she is patient. But then too long on the crowned crest.

Be not confused with worship. This innocent of the Cosmos is a
Tempting tyrian. He is patient for the world of nothing.
Feathered Aerona has crisped and darked with your touch. But with this
She is immortal. So alive in your bittersweet tempter’s cocoon.

Soon she will lust for your master shroud. With this, her devils will dance.
And with charred wings, she will nestle at your neck.  She will whisper sharply.
“You who have darked this dove has made her a raven.”
Then animal cries by soured obsidian will sing to our mistress. 

© 2011 Alskar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem demands rereading which I honestly did it twice.
I have been blown away by the magic which beats in each line of this poem... Artistically presented, Literally written, imaginatively painted...
"He is patient for the world of nothing.
Feathered Aerona has crisped and darked with your touch"
Such vivid structures haunted by mystery are in this piece of work and the last lines are the icing on the cake...I ADMIRE IT.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Another excellent piece. This is the kind of work I love to read...Completely aware of the classics, the forms, the connections...but fully willing to toss it aside and WRITE! This is the poetry of the 21st century!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


this poem is so beautifyl written. I love it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I couldn't stop re-reading this poem. Its too thought provoking not too. The imagery is great and the art you speak in your words make a different world of what I see. You have talent my friend. Use it well.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I just subscribed to your work...realizing I'm missing out here. You are an incredible artist my dear!

Posted 12 Years Ago


That's a sweet wicked mouthful!

Posted 12 Years Ago


There are some wonderfully intriguing lines and words, the first line sparkles.

Posted 12 Years Ago


WOW!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this. Intense. Reminds me of the Greek myth of Persephone a bit. Beautifully written and striking. Kudos.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
CT
From a straightforward looking-only-at-the-surface standpoint, your poetry is garbage... But looking at it from an emotional, artistic point of view, is f@&king brilliant. The way you layer the language, leaving each line open to individual interpretation based on the reader's personal experience is brilliant. All of your poems have a surreal, dreamlIke quality that I really like, and your choice of words is superb. Another great piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A complex but well written poem. Like Lena im not compleatly sure what its about there are so many ways it can be interpreted it seems most people are reading it twice at least pity i dont have time right now maybe ill come back and read it again later. nice write though.
Matthew W

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1858 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 25, 2011

Author

Alskar
Alskar

Edinburgh, United Kingdom



About
more..

Writing
<i>Snowfield</i> Snowfield

A Poem by Alskar


N I M B U S N I M B U S

A Book by Alskar



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cavalry Cavalry

A Poem by TJ