Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday

A Story by Maddie
"

I lack having a life don't I? Enjoy anyways.

"

The little girl quietly searched for the bright red marker within her pile of art supplies. It was very dark and hard to see. She finally found it and fiddled with the cap, but even so, she still managed to right the simple and pure sweet words: Happy Birthday.

 

She had already drawn a picture of the cartoon-like birthday cake, impossibly resting on top of a pile of presents. And most importantly, she had written the melodical note inside of the card.

 

She crawled off of her bed, and quietly took the card with her. She knew her father was a bit irate with her, and he might not let her do what she wanted to do. But it was a very special day. Very special.

 

She walked down the creaky steps of her old house, everything being dark, except for the blinking soft glow coming from the television screen that both her dad mindlessly stared into.

 

"Father..." she trailed off quietly, gripping the card behind her back.

 

"What?"

 

"May I?" she barely whispered, slowly bringing her hand holding the card in front of her, signaling what she requested.

 

His head slowly cracked to its side to look at what she had to show. Bags effortlessly hung from under his eyes, looking like permanent bruises. He blinked for the first time in hours, making his eyes water a little. He looked at the two cards, and knew what she meant.

 

"Be quick about it."

 

His head slowly turned back towards the television. The little girl felt relief come over her, and she cautiously moved out of the room. She walked into the hallway to find the single forbidden door. She reached up and turned the knob, recieving an eery creak. She stepped into the room and closed the door behind her. It smelled of filth, and dirt, but she didn't mind. The smell put a sense of comfort inside of her, like it did every year on this special day. She walked towards the bed and stared at the reason for celebration. She stood on her tip-toes and softly kissed the rotting corpse. She layed the card next to it.

 

"Happy birthday mom."

© 2011 Maddie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ATG
This was really good. It was sweet... until the end. The ending was still sweet, but in a creepy way. I knew something was up when the dad was shown, but I didn't know what until the end. I reminds me somewhat a classic story with an old lady and her husband's dead body. It had that creepy, but sweet tone too.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ATG
This was really good. It was sweet... until the end. The ending was still sweet, but in a creepy way. I knew something was up when the dad was shown, but I didn't know what until the end. I reminds me somewhat a classic story with an old lady and her husband's dead body. It had that creepy, but sweet tone too.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 16, 2011
Last Updated on October 16, 2011

Author

Maddie
Maddie

About
Maddie. That is my name dearest ones. I have always had a strange love for either something strange or either too out of order. But it's all okay, because we all have strange loves for things. Specifi.. more..

Writing
Indigo Indigo

A Story by Maddie


Creep Creep

A Poem by Maddie