Unite

Unite

A Poem by OhSnapShley
"

Sometimes people are born into a world where they know of nothing that is good. These people are forced to live their life to accommodate those around them. That is a life, no one should live..

"
United
is the nation that comes together,

forget the false upbringing that was plastered into your head
with all the lies and deceit,

fake gods and false prophets that asked you for your faith and in return offered you nothing,

for who can you trust when all you've ever done results in bad scenarios and leads to even worse consequences

a life not of your own but of those who want to use you at their discretion not giving you a chance at your own life

rise above those who do harm to you and bring you down to the depths that surround them

because, 
united is that nation that comes together. 

© 2017 OhSnapShley


Author's Note

OhSnapShley
How would you interpret this?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This seems like an angry, angst-filled poem. Also, it feels incomplete, like there should be more...

Posted 6 Years Ago


I'm not sure yet how I interpret this poem. The lines: 'united is that nation that comes together', makes me feel it's a political statement...yet there are some lines that make me lean toward belief in the religion many of us are raised on, accepting those teachings without question. I think the bottom line for us all, whether it's religion, politics, or biases of one kind or another, is to THINK for ourselves. We've done a very poor job of teaching our youth to problem solve, and think critically. They tend to swallow the prettiest lie, or the stance that triggers their emotions most deeply...without questioning the facts, or looking beneath the propaganda. I agree with you...a nation divided is one that will ultimately fail. We are on dangerous ground atm, in my humble opinion. If the dissenting populace has issues, they need to approach them in appropriate ways...not scream for violence, destruction, and assassination. That road leads to disaster for everyone...because there will always be retaliation. Then one act of violence leads to the next, and before we know it...we have a civil war. I ask myself...with gun-hating liberals on one side of that divide, and gun-loving conservatives on the other, as well as police, miitary, and the purse-strings of DC...which side is more likely to have the advantage? This is why we have laws and order and proper channels to vent disagreement...to avoid chaos. And regardless of which side wins...who really triumphs? What---at that point--have we done to our democratic ideals? To our democracy? What do we have left...but death and destruction, and a nation ripe for the picking of countries like Russia or China? Not saying any of that would happen...but recent events have me wondering just where this nation is headed...and what those pushing her in that direction think they'll gain in the end. Food for thought. Your poem is well-thought....nicely done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


You open the door to a wide open topic. I believe religion, race and color should not be the reasons nations seek peace. Peace should be reached for for the sake of the people of the country. I agree with your thoughts on religion. How many had die for religion?? A powerful and worthwhile piece my friend.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


OhSnapShley

7 Years Ago

Its a broad topic to discuss. & yes I think it has to do with unborn sins, which means people who ar.. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I'm glad and you are welcome.
"for who can you trust when all you've ever done results in bad scenarios and leads to even worse consequences,"
There is too much truth in these lines.. In my opinion it's us who make all the difference in the world, who let others ruin us too easily..
This is really good and it speaks out to all to stand up united.. Good work ☺👍


Posted 7 Years Ago


OhSnapShley

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your review. We all have to get to a point in life and realize we do make the differen.. read more
Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Yes indeed! You're welcome ☺

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2016
Last Updated on January 12, 2017

Author

OhSnapShley
OhSnapShley

FL



About
I've been writing for most of my life. Its always been my outlet. So I started this page to get some more of my stuff out there. If you like something or even if you hate it I want to know. I think fe.. more..

Writing
eef eef

A Poem by OhSnapShley



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Stand Stand

A Poem by Troy Henson