Padlocked Heart

Padlocked Heart

A Poem by Oliver Lee
"

A story of love and loss and the aftermath of it's wills

"
You held my hand every single day like it was stuck to yours with super glue. We were an inseparable, indescribable force of magnetic attraction and each time I kissed you was better than the last. I slipped your name out of my mouth like the sound of it tasted sweet across my tongue on the way out. I loved your name. I remember swallowing up your secrets like pills, one by one, sometimes a handful at a time, I knew one day they would be the death of me. Remember that time we held hands walking home and you told me you loved me, the words spilled out of your mouth like a faucet running, water flowing and overflowing with words you said and never really meant. I gave you my heart and you threw it into the bottom of the ocean, and me being the one to keep it padlocked tight, watched it sink. Only you had the key. Now you're gone and I've spent every single day deep sea diving through pain, and memories of you, searching for my padlocked heart, wishing I could disappear into the ocean forever. It's been so long since I've said your name. It tastes bitter on my tongue. It's been so long since I've held someones hand. Hands feel like fire, and if I dare put my hand in the fire I will surely get burned. I have yet to find my padlocked heart, but I know this much; when I do find it, I will not be able to love again for a very long time. And I'm going to need that key back by the way.   

© 2017 Oliver Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on November 10, 2017
Last Updated on November 10, 2017
Tags: #love, #brokenheart, #poetry, #spokenword, #figurativelanguage, #story

Author

Oliver Lee
Oliver Lee

Batavia , NY



About
Oliver 16 LGBTQ+ advocate Reptile dad Theatre rat I make music "f**k" more..

Writing