When Did I Stop Being Enough?

When Did I Stop Being Enough?

A Poem by Oliver Lee
"

I thought I was enough?

"
I remember the first time I saw your face. It gave me a reason to get up in the morning. I remember the first time we spoke to each other. I was so nervous I could feel my heart in my throat beating so fast and so loud I thought I was having a heart attack. I remember our first dance. I held you closer than I've ever held anything before because I couldn't explain how much you meant to me, and I didn't know any other way how. I was afraid for so long to let go because what if I let go and you ended up drifting away? I remember our first kiss. The way you held me tight like we were both falling down and I was, I did, I fell for you more times than I could count because I fell for you every single time you smiled and coincidentally, every time you saw me I was flashed that gorgeous smile of yours. I remember your skin. It was paler than mine, softer than mine, more beautiful than mine. The way our fingers intertwined together like an intricate puzzle no one but us could solve. The way you squeezed my hand tight when I was anxious because no one cared more than you did, and you refused to let go until you were sure I was okay. I remember that too. I remember our first "I love you". I remember the last. I remember the way you said my name like it was the rarest of all beauties. I remember the way you licked your lip after we'd kissed as if you were trying to taste every last bit of what we had , and when it was gone I left you craving for more. I remember everything. When did I stop being enough?

© 2017 Oliver Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

That last line is just haunting! This was a gorgeous piece to read. Excellent job! Will be reading more of your stuff.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oliver Lee

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I will definitely read some of yours!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 17, 2017
Last Updated on December 27, 2017
Tags: #love, #brokenheart, #poetry, #spokenword, #figurativelanguage, #poem

Author

Oliver Lee
Oliver Lee

Batavia , NY



About
Oliver 16 LGBTQ+ advocate Reptile dad Theatre rat I make music "f**k" more..

Writing