Bending the rules the first day on the job

Bending the rules the first day on the job

A Chapter by Oliver Lee
"

Breaking the rules the first day on the job, followed by some gay relationships :)))

"
 We I sped-walked back towards the house. I held onto his wrist and pulled him most of the way there. He wasn't hesitant, it was just fun.  Once we got two houses away I turned around and faced him. 
"Okay, I'm gonna take you in there." 
"In there?" 
He sounded nervous, and got super antsy.
"Don't be nervous, there's not going to be anyone inside, I promise. Just us. You just have to wait out here on the corner, and pretend you're waiting for someone to give you a ride. Use your phone, pretend to make some calls. Really sell it."
He smiled. 
"And then, when the coast is clear, I'll come and get you. And we can get really drunk, and have pizza, and just hang out together, alright?"
He laughed. Bonus points. 
"I'm having anxiety about this but, I trust you Donnie" he spoke confidently, for him at least. 
"I also have a million questions, all of them scary, but, I trust you."
"fair enough"
 I used that sarcastic Donnie voice he said was his favorite. 
He smiled. 
You know, I'm starting to think his smile is my favorite out of every smile I've ever seen in my whole life. It's so genuine and full of life; happiness, gorgeousness, just genuine Ganton. I like the genuine Ganton. The one who is just happy, and just himself, with no loose ends, or pain, or abandonment, or anything that makes him anything less than who he truly is. Genuine Ganton. That's my favorite version of him. 
"Okay, I'll be right back" I said. 
5:30
I walked into the house, everyone was getting ready for tonight's run. I brought out my alter ego Donnie for the few minutes they were still gonna be here. 
"I"M BACK B*****S. Don't worry, everything's gucci with the fam. I told you I'd be back, and I kept my word."
"Ay, Donnie, so you have. This run is probably going to take around two and a half, to three hours, depending on if things go south, and if we can get the f**k out of there in time. If we do, we'll be delivering to high paying customers. We're using Bax's car. Everyone, lets move. And Donnie, don't let me down mi hermano, I wouldn't want to have you slip up the first day on the job."
 Luca spoke with such a powerful, snakelike, suave tone. It was enough to make anyone do what he says when he says it. It was dangerous. Especially considering his personality. 
Once I see the car pull out and speed around the corner I ran outside to fetch Ganton. 
"Gee, it's safe" I said running out of breath. I stopped, trying to catch my breath,
"we can go inside now, Gee."
"O-Okay, yeah" 
I guess I caught him a little by surprise but he still flashed me his smile when he saw me running up to him. 

"This place is...nice"  he said emphasizing nice for effect and disgust. 
"it's not good but it's not terrible. Here sit down," I motioned for the couch across from me. He sat down across from me, a coffee table divided us. We just kind of stared at each other for a solid five minutes. Then we burst out laughing at each other. Our company is never  boring. Even if it's just us being silent together. That's what I love about him. 
"So, ask away, Gee, you know you have a gazillion questions."
He gave me a smirky little half smile and we read each other's minds. Soon we were doing a lightning round of Q&A's. 

"Where are we?"
"The gang's house"

"Gang?"
"I joined a gang"

"YOU JOINED A GANG?"
"To protect my family"

He stopped. He gave me a look. I couldn't read it, but it was there. It was for me. He continued.

"What do you do for the gang?" 
"Lots of stuff"

"Like?"
"I used to distract the pharmacist while we did Oxy runs. Now I guard the house."

"You ever get caught?"
"I'm here right now, ain't I?"

"Fair enough. This is your first time guarding?"
"Yes"

He moved as he asked, getting closer to me as we continued our lightning questions. 

"Are there rules you have to follow?"
"Of course there are"

He was sitting next to me now.

"What are the rules?"
"Don't let anyone in"

"That's it?"
"Pretty much"

"I'm not supposed to be here right now?"
"Technically no"

"So you're breaking the rules?"
"First day on the job"

"Why would you do that?"
"I did it for you"

"How come?"
"You're my best friend"

"That's the only reason?"
"F**k"

We were kissing. I never thought this would happen. He's my best friend. I don't want to ruin anything we had together already. I didn't mean for it to go this far. I knew I loved him. I knew we were different than other best friends. I knew that we were both attracted to males. I didn't know this would happen. I wanted it to. Secretly, I knew I wanted it to. I always have. 

He ran his fingers through my straight, greasy dark brown hair. I put a hand to his face. His skin was soft, no longer sickly and pale, but full of life, and rosy caramel. The tan of skin. I could almost feel it with that one hand. The feeling of skin on skin is almost ethereal. Fingertips against shoulders. Hands against hips. Lips against lips, craving for it more, and more. I wasn't aware of what was happening until we stopped. He looked at me. I looked at him. I put a hand up to his face, and held it there. A last ray of sunlight before the sunset broke through the curtains. It shone on his face like royalty. I wanted to make out with him again. But he stopped because he was scared. I knew it. But the happiness outweighed the fear. I saw it in his face. 

"Ganton, I love you." 
I blurted it out so I didn't have a chance to think about what I said before I said it. 

"I love you too, Donnie. You knew that." 

He was right. I did know that. I was just so worried that he didn't feel the same about me. He was the best friend I've ever had. I truly loved him. 

Right as we were about to go round 2, I heard a car door slam. It couldn't f*****g be 7:30 yet. 

"S**t, f*****g, uh, follow me" I whispered

We ran through the kitchen and out of the back door. 

"Go, go, go, go, go, I'll meet you at the corner in seven minutes tops."

I whisked myself back into the kitchen just in time for everyone to settle down. Nobody noticed a thing. 

"Hola mi hermano," I can hear Luca's suave, slimy voice in the living room. He was sitting on the couch on the right side of the coffee table. I walked in with my Mountain Dew, smiling because he was oblivious to the fact that Ganton and I just made out sitting exactly where he was sitting, like ten minutes ago. It was my little inside joke with myself. 
"Successful run?" I asked. 
"Beautiful. I'm tired as hell, bro" Naz spoke up. 
"Bueno" I replied through a sip of Mountain Dew.
"Sorry to split, but I gotta be home, abuela is going to freak."
"Adios Donnie boyyyy" they all tease me but I laugh anyways.

Once outside I sprint to the corner and find Ganton sitting, playing with the green blades of grass that grew through the cracks in the sidewalk. 

"Hello darling, I made it out alive" 
I tease him with my tone. 

"I was worried, but I knew you'd be fine"
he says getting up and hugging me around the waist. He was a few inches shorter than me, and it was honestly cute. I can't believe I'm letting all these feelings in, and actually feeling them. It felt, amazing. 

"Here," I gave him my hand, "I'll walk you home."
He placed his hand in mine as we walked toward his house. 
I couldn't be f*****g happier.  


© 2018 Oliver Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on January 3, 2018
Last Updated on January 3, 2018
Tags: #gangs, #book, #sad, #teens, #intense, #school, #friends, #lgbt, #cute, #happy


Author

Oliver Lee
Oliver Lee

Batavia , NY



About
Oliver 16 LGBTQ+ advocate Reptile dad Theatre rat I make music "f**k" more..

Writing