Bad Then Worse

Bad Then Worse

A Chapter by Oliver Lee
"

Things go from bad to worse

"

I ran up to the decrepit house in under twenty minutes. I ran up the steps and pulled open the screen door. I pushed open the old, heavy wooden door and barrelled inside. It was quieter than usual. I shouted,

“Hola? Guys?”

“Donnieeeee, you made it”

I knew that evil snake voice from anywhere.

“Luca, where are you man?”

You could tell I was nervous so I smiled and chuckled to make it seem like I was secure. I saw him descend from the stairs on the left, a bottle in his right hand, and a cigarette in his left. I was a little more secure he was intoxicated, but still on my toes; This is Luca DeLaRosa, and he is wicked scary.

“Have a seat, Mijo. Relax, I won’t bite”

He put his arm around my waist and pushed me towards the couch. I immediately complied because no one was willing to tell him no. He sat down next to me and offered me a drag from his cigarette.

“Where are the rest of the guys?”

“Oh, it’s just us tonight, Donnie. Thought it would be better to thank you in person for being one of my favorite rookies I’ve ever hired.”

“Oh..Uh..Thank you, Luca.”

His voice perked up a little bit, like he was trying to con me into something.

“You are punctual, loyal, wild, and willing to put in all of your effort to ride for this gang. For that, you deserved a personal thanks”

Luca spoke with sensual persuasiveness.

“I’m gonna go get a Mountain Dew”

I excused myself. He was acting strange, and it scared me even more than regular Luca scared me. I made my way back to the couch, making sure that I didn’t keep him waiting, and also making sure I wasn’t setting off any red flags by keeping myself in the kitchen for too long. I sat down on the couch next to Luca who had switched the TV onto MTV Cribs. I set my soda on the table and relaxed.

“So what, we just, sit here and watch TV together and chill?” I asked.

“Yeah? Or we could do this.”

Next thing I know he has my face in his hands and his lips on mine. I have no time for consent, or lack thereof, I should say. He’s gripping me so tight I can’t pull away. I have no choice but to just keep going until he stops. All I can think about is Ganton. I wish Gee and I would’ve run away when we had the chance.

Finally he pulls away, and starts undoing his belt.

“You’re about to get your world rocked, lover boy.”

That’s what he calls me when we go on runs. At first I thought it was just a joke. Now it feels dirty.

“Luca, please, don’t. I don’t want this.”

He looked confused and let down.

“What do you mean, you’re totally queer?”

“That doesn’t mean I want you!” I shouted.

He looked at me the way he looks at his meals before he devours them. No doubt I was scared. I tried to turn the tables back on him before he could fire at me.

“What about you? I thought you liked girls!”


“Ah, girls, boys, people in the “other” category. A f**k is a f**k, and a person is a person. I don’t care that much about gender. If I like you, and I could see you making me happy, I’m all for it.”


“Well, I’m glad you feel that way. But I still don’t want this. I’m sorry, Luca.”

He looked angry.

“There’s someone else, isn’t there? Oh f**k, there is. Tell me, does the little twink know you’re involved with the most dangerous gang in Hobbs? Does he know he can get his a*s jumped at anytime, anywhere? Have you told him? Have you fucked him? Actually, don’t answer that.”


“Luca, I understand how you must be feeling, but you have to admit, you completely blindsided me with this, I had no idea you liked me, or even liked boys for that matter. You couldn’t have possibly thought that I knew, or intended to hurt you?”


“Enough of this f****t talk, and feelings and s**t. I just wanted a f**k, and I thought you were cute. I don’t really date, Donnie. It’s not that deep. It would have been nice to see where it went though…”

Luca trailed on but I didn’t hear him. I got a text from Ganton.

Meet me in my room right now, it’s an emergency.

My face got ghost white. A million different scenarios started playing through my head. None of them good.


“Luca, I have to go. Now. It’s an emergency.”


“What is it? Your boyfriend get his dick caught in his zipper again?”

He sounded hurt, and angry and bitter.


“Luca!” I snapped.

“There is an emergency. I have to go. I’ll see you later.”


I ran out of the house and down the street. Nothing that just happened was on my mind. Only him. Only Ganton.

I made it to his house in four minutes. Diane wasn’t home. Figures. I shook my key into the door and flew in. I was in such a rush, I didn’t  bother to shut the door behind me, or yell that I was there. I ran upstairs and down the hall to Gees room. I wasn’t at all prepared for what I saw when I walked in.

Gee was passed out on the floor, propped up against his bed. There was blood everywhere, the floor, the sheets, his clothes.

He’d slit his wrists, from top to elbow, all the way down.

I gasped for air, but couldn’t find any. I immediately rushed over to him and knelt down beside him. I ripped a blanket off the bed and held it onto his wrists. I lifted his head and tried to get him to speak.


“Ganton? Oh my f*****g god, talk to me? Please say something?”


His eyes rolled and his head tilted. That was a good sign. I dialed 911. He was mumbling and groaning.


“D-d-donn-nie.”


“Yes, yes, Gee it’s me, I’m here, I’ve got you. Oh, f**k.”

I was having a bit of a panic attack.


“I’m s-s-sorry. I love you.”


“Gee, I love you so much, and you’re gonna be okay. You’re gonna be fine, you’re gonna be okay.”


The paramedics rushed in, I yelled for them that we were upstairs and they took it from there.


“You the brother?” One of them asked.

“Boyfriend.”

“You did a great job of applying pressure. Any less and this boy would have bled out in ninety seconds.”

“Yeah yeah, he-he’s anemic.”

“That’s bad news. Any reason why he might have done this?”

“He has acute psychosis, anxiety, reactive attachment disorder, and dependant personality disorder.”

“That’s quite a string. Is he on any medications?”

“Yes, um, he’s on Clozapine and Xanax as needed. He also had weekly therapy on Wednesdays.”

“Man, you really keep your tabs on him.”

“Well his mom is kind of a-”

and then I was interrupted by the sound of yelling.


“WHY THE F**K ARE THERE ALL THESE POLICE CARS? DID SOMEONE DIE? DID GANTON GET INTO TROUBLE? I SWEAR TO GOD!”


And there she was. You always know when she’s here, because she always presents herself with her loud mouth. Diane.

One of the paramedics had her step back.


“Ma’am, may I ask who you are?”


“I live here. Where is Ganton?”

I stepped in

“He’s in the ambulance Diane, we’re going to the hospital, get back in your car.”


“Oh my god, what happened to him, is he going to be alright!”

Oh there she is. The concerned mother Diane.


“Diane, it’s alright, you go take your shower and eat and do all your normal, terrible parent, Diane s**t.”


She looked around, all innocent.

“Well okay, I guess. But call me, as soon as you get there, Derek.”

“Donnie.”

“Whatever”

She said as she walked away into the house.


“Mother of the year, right? Let’s get out of here”

I said to the paramedic.


I hopped into the back of the truck and held onto Gees hand. I just wanted him to be okay.


I watched him with the tubes in his nose, the I.V in his arm, and the bandages around his wrists.

As the door shut and we made our way toward the hospital I watched Gees house grow smaller and smaller until it was eventually out of sight, wondering; why him?




© 2018 Oliver Lee


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on February 5, 2018
Last Updated on February 5, 2018
Tags: #gangs, #lgbt, #depression, #anxiety, #selfharm, #intense, #love


Author

Oliver Lee
Oliver Lee

Batavia , NY



About
Oliver 16 LGBTQ+ advocate Reptile dad Theatre rat I make music "f**k" more..

Writing