Beloved Mine

Beloved Mine

A Story by OliviaOwens

It is almost midnight. As I walk up the driveway, a light breeze rustles through the leaves of the old oak in the front yard. I stand and listen for a few minutes. It is quiet and peaceful. There is a full moon and a lone plane travels into the few clouds gracing our sky. 

I slowly unlock the front door, careful not to make any sounds. The house is quiet, sleeping. I softly walk up the stairs, knowing the bedroom door is open. He is sleeping and I do not wish to wake him. As I get closer to the room, I can hear his soft, rhythmic breathing. I slowly push open the door and watch him for a few minutes. His long, slender fingers are splayed on his pillow, next to his cheek. As I walk in, I see his eyes are moving; he must be dreaming.

I wonder about his dreams; I never ask and he never tells me.

I silently sit on the edge of the bed and watch him for a few minutes. I slowly bend down and kiss him softly on his cheek. He stirs but does not wake. As I whisper I love you, he opens his eyes, gives me a sleepy smile and goes back to sleep. I walk out of the room.

Smiling to myself, I wonder what I have ever done to deserve him. I wonder if I am good enough for him.

He is fun, smart, and manipulative but the love of a seven-year-old is unparalleled.

© Copyright 2014 Olivia G. Owens. All rights reserved.

© 2014 OliviaOwens


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on May 27, 2014
Last Updated on May 27, 2014

Author

OliviaOwens
OliviaOwens

Falcon, CO



About
Who am I? This is a loaded question… I am a second generation American and a native expatriate. I am underpaid, under-educated and I have a difficult time comprehending why a decent paying .. more..

Writing
Words Words

A Poem by OliviaOwens