A Letter to Love

A Letter to Love

A Story by Olivia Marie
"

A story of a battle for love

"
A Letter to Love 

It was the ending of summer…
I remember a lake. A beautiful lake reflecting sunlight. We watched it change colors as the day passed on. Though I admit… The atmosphere didn’t hold my attention. You did.
As we walked around the lake I felt your hand slip into mine. Warm and strong; you guided me forward… And even though it wasn’t cold outside… My skin was covered in goose-bumps from all the butterflies flapping wings gently inside my stomach, and sending tingles throughout my body. All just because you were so close to me. I could feel the blood pumping under my cheeks, causing a rosy tint to occur every time you’d look at me. And smiling… Really smiling. Smiling like I never had before. 
I remember sitting on a bench… You just inches away… Till you looked at me, with eyes so deep that I fell in. The only thing that caught me were your lips. Lips that met mine, and glided together… Fitting together perfectly. I couldn’t pull away. It was a kiss… But it was more then a kiss. Maybe an anchor… Holding me to you. Or maybe it was that moment. The moment when destiny shows you what’s really there. I’d already loved you, but now it was so much more.
We spent all day together. A day I would later find out was the first day of forever. But everything good has a price. 
I was supposed to be the princess, but very soon you found out the truth… Truly behind my thin veil of a mask, was a damsel in distress. And what I was yet to know, was that you weren’t just a boy; But a warrior to the core. And soon the battle of my life was waiting, and you were ready to fight…
But only you were willing to fight for me. Soon everyone around me turned their backs. But I was conflicted… For the first time, I wasn’t alone. I had never known true companionship, until I met you… But then I was locked away…
Demons dragging me back into isolation. My brain twisted,-and spun into a web of agonizing torture. Locked in a cell. Forced away from the world. But NOTHING, could keep me from you. Nor you from I…
You’d break me out from prison, and we’d go anywhere and everywhere. But one thing was always sure, late at night I would return to my prison, and await for my knight to return to me…For you to return to me… Sometimes I feared you wouldn’t return, but you always proved me wrong. And every time we escaped, my mind grew a little bit stronger. Soon you were planning to destroy my asylum… Forever. But an army waited to fight the battle for my soul.
I stood out in the middle of the battlefield. I watched the cannons fire. I watched you charge into the middle of the field unwilling to back down, while I pulled out my arrows. Sending them flying into the opposition. Willing to give me life for a chance to live. But then in the middle of the army towering above us all was the leader… A monster… Directing the whole army. To my horror I saw you heading straight to it. I screamed your name, but it only fueled your fire… The thing only worked in savagery. Picking up living humans and using them as bowling balls. You shot it, but got knocked down. I noticed the cut across your eyebrow. But I kept shooting arrows… There’s nothing I could do then.
I felt myself falling. Blood on the ground. My blood on the ground. A knife deep in my side. I pulled it out and dropped it, hand shaking. But I pushed myself back up, and kept fighting. I looked over at you. Fighting with the monster. And I couldn’t tell… But it looked like you were winning. I reached for another arrow, but found there were no more left. I pulled a sword away from a dead body, and started closer combat. The sword was heavy and I was loosing a lot of blood. 
I slain one more, and fell to my knees. Then I was surrounded by the enemy. Wearing smiles you only see in nightmares… Haunting… 
But it was interrupted by a scream that echoed off air itself. Then I heard feet running. Growing distant… But I was dying. I felt arms going around me; my name whispered. More as a question. And I looked up at my love. Then you said my name with relief, but still whispered, “We won…”
I smiled weakly. I saw a tear stream down your face. You lifted me up into your arms, and you were walking. I slowly drifted off to sleep.
When I awoke, you were starring down at me. A small smile on your face. I looked down and saw my wound bandaged. That’s when I finally realized I really was free. We both were. But you already know this…
You’ve joined the military now. Still a soldier to your core. And I’m writing this to remind you of what you’ve already overcome. You can beat anything despite the odds. As long as you believe in what you’re fighting for.
I love you and miss you
-See you soon my love
- <3

© 2013 Olivia Marie


Author's Note

Olivia Marie
I know this is bad, but I posted it anyway :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful use of imagery to fuel your story! There are a few grammatical mistakes but other than that, it brought me to another world, just as all good writing should. Bravo :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


cute!!


Posted 11 Years Ago


Olivia Marie

11 Years Ago

Thanks :)
What a brilliant piece!! You are a very good writer Olivia keep'em coming. Thank you for the visuals,the movie you put in my mind while I was reading this piece. Going in my favorites. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Olivia Marie

11 Years Ago

thank you :)
Beautiful, don't be so hard on yourself, there is nothing wrong with this piece! I loved it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Olivia Marie

11 Years Ago

Really? :D Thank you :)
this is really stunning... dont underestimate yourself!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Olivia Marie

11 Years Ago

Thank you!!
Wow! Nice, brilliant in fact. Keep it up :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Olivia Marie

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)
Sam Gregory

11 Years Ago

No problem :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Strong sentimental piece...lovely :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Olivia Marie

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
This is a beautiful poem, and it tells a wonderful tale. The imagery and the metaphors are fantastic, and the way you described it all put a clear picture in my head. I loved this poem; it is truly amazing and I love the way it's written. You are an excellent poet. This piece is genius, at its finest. Outstanding poetry.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Olivia Marie

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
This is the opposite of bad. This is the most excellent poem I've read in a while. It literally brought me to tears. Well done, my dear! Absolutely excellent!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Olivia Marie

11 Years Ago

:) Thank you
&#9834;The Girl Next Door&#9834;

11 Years Ago

No problem :D
This was most definitely not bad at all! Shame on you for thinking so!!! I absolutely loved this. I can relate, though my story might be different than yours. To me i feel as though the fantasy interprets the hidden story, of two young loves who were not allowed to be together(probably by adult figures) A wonderful write! I enjoyed this immensely, as I still have problems trying to tell my own love story....it's too in depth to be short, it'd have to be turned into a book xD

Posted 11 Years Ago


Olivia Marie

11 Years Ago

You hit it right on the dot! Yes, and thank you!!!! :D
Serenity Faith

11 Years Ago

You're very welcome ^-^ It was the same for me and my now Husband. He stole me away from everyone el.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

433 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on July 6, 2012
Last Updated on January 4, 2013
Tags: love

Author

Olivia Marie
Olivia Marie

Columbiana, AL



About
My name's Olivia, I go to Shelby County High School, and I love to write. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


World stopping World stopping

A Poem by Hope


Past Tense Past Tense

A Poem by ewest1220