To Come In Contact (newspaper article)

To Come In Contact (newspaper article)

A Story by OliviaTheElf
"

My newspaper article for 21st Century Publishing

"

To Come in Contact

Citizens of LaRue County experience the apparitions of ghostly paranormal entities

 

By Olivia Thompson

 

Have you ever seen a ghost? Have you ever heard voices when no one was there? Have you ever heard footsteps in the dark? Those things that go bump in the night are all too common. The “other side” is all around us as we go day by day. Throughout Hodgenville, Kentucky, there have been several sightings of the paranormal, whether it’s small businesses or even the homes we live in. The more they become apparent, the more the questions become raised as to “Who are these creatures?” and “Can we talk to them?” Some wonder if it’s possible that they can communicate with these beings. With a little over just 14,000 people in Larue County, as stated from www.quickfacts.census.gov, a large percentage still have doubts about whether or not these claimed “sightings” can be trusted or not.

 

A lot of young people in the area mention sightings more frequently. Photographs present us with visual images as well as verbal appeals. A building that has had an encounter with a possible spirit from the other side, is the Lincoln Hotel in Buffalo, Kentucky. Built in the 1880’s, it has had its fair share in historical moments. Said to be a simple hotel designed to represent Abraham Lincoln, it also has its fair share of secrets, including its secret use as a brothel. Amy Druen, a local student at the Larue County Middle school, is the neighbor to this interesting hotel. After

interviewing her and her family, we’ve discovered that she’s had a paranormal sighting as well, describing seeing an apparition in the hotel. “There’s broken glass in one of the windows down there. Sometimes I see an old woman sitting in there.” Druen also describes the woman as being “old with dark shoes with her hair up. She looks tired and she only comes around sometimes, but mostly in the afternoons.” The apparition claimed to be seen by Amy “walks around or sits and rocks back and forth”.

Through recent discoveries in paranormal researching, scientists have found that spirits such as the one described in the hotel of an elderly woman, can be lost on their journey to the other side of the paranormal world. Most “ghosts” that are seen can usually be described as interactive anonymous spirits who manifest in a location that they were once attached to before passing away. These spirits can be seen time and time again, replaying an event or action that once took place in the home or area, like a movie clip.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2011 OliviaTheElf


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

a very professionally written article. theres obvious talent here. excellent diction and creativity to help make the piece even more interesting.

ill be looking forward to reading more from you

well done indeed :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

544 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 8, 2011
Last Updated on September 8, 2011

Author

OliviaTheElf
OliviaTheElf

Ajara, Queensland, Australia



About
listia_username = 'OliviaTheElf'; listia_num_rows = 3; listia_border_color = '888888'; listia_background_color = 'ffffff'; listia_font_color = '2386cc'; listia_width = '250'; www.listia... more..

Writing